Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How to design a long "Off" season to improve and keep it fun? [ontheuptick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of great replies and I really appreciate all of your advice. Here's my plan:

Right now, I'm trying to heal a Plantar Faciitis injury. So, I haven't run in 2 weeks. I have a vacation in about a week, so I'm going to give it through vacation. Hopefully, I can get back to a run-block soon.

August: Waiting for PF to heal. Vacation from 8/7-8/14.
Bike: 5x per week when home.
Run: 0x per week until PF is healed. May take the entire month off.
Swim: 2x per week, if I can get there.

September, October, November, December - RUN Block. Enjoy the outdoors. Keep up the biking
Bike: 3x per week focusing on building FTP
Run: 5-6x per week, mainly Z2 BarryP plan
Swim: Probably 0

Then, I will start to build back into swimming and keep the others rolling. Thanks for the advice - now I just have to get healed so I can be 100% and train how I want to!
Quote Reply
Re: How to design a long "Off" season to improve and keep it fun? [ontheuptick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Off season? Fun?

I have been training 7 days a week, 12 months a year for years. The top racers I know never have an off season.

I bike 7 days a week on my bike trainer with powercranks for 1 hour a day, all year long.

I run 3 days a week, all year long of LSD running, 20 to 30 miles cross country with hills.

I swim 3 days a week in season, and try to get 1 day a week off season.

I try to race enough times during the year that these are my interval workouts.

Fun, well if you assume I am doing this to try and minimize my risk of getting cancer and other issues, I make it fun knowing this might be the best thing I
can do to maximize my quality of life for my family.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply

Prev Next