Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is USAT nationals sold out
Quote | Reply
My fault for waiting this long, but the link I have goes to a page saying it's currently not available. Is it sold out? What about races this weekend, do they hold a small # of slots for those?
Quote Reply
Re: Is USAT nationals sold out [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to the email I got from USAT yesterday, there are still spots left for the Sprint race on Sunday

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Is USAT nationals sold out [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm already signed up for that. Was waffling on the olympic. Not really in shape to do well in the Olympic distance race and let alone do well in the sprint after it. Finally decided no matter how the Olympic went I could gut out a decent performance in the sprint.

I'm racing this weekend will there be slots available for those who qualify this weekend. I though the qualification window was until August 1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I signed up for the olympic this week.....
Last edited by: dangle: Jul 22, 14 8:08
Quote Reply
Re: Is USAT nationals sold out [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. But not really helpful. 😋
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One thing to keep in mind; if there are still spots left, it seems to usually take USAT about a week to email you your entry link you need to sign up for the race

I know that doesnt completely answer your question, but might be good info to have. I would email USAT though if you can't find out if it is sold out from their site.
Last edited by: ndhoffma: Jul 22, 14 8:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would not be surprised. Thought it would have filled a long time ago, but the field size is now so much larger, ....

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Olympic is now on a waiting list.
Quote Reply
Re: Is USAT nationals sold out [integrator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you get on the waiting list?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when you go to sign up, it should say it is full. it then directs you to sign up, pay and you are on the wait list. if you don't get in, they refund you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It may have changed, but usually they let the entire wait list race.
Quote Reply
Re: Is USAT nationals sold out [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you know how to get on the waiting list?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just go through the normal registration process on the site. The problem is you have to pay now not knowing if you get in the race. I got my email like one week before the race and had to pay up on airfare as a result.
Last edited by: 3Aims: Jul 22, 14 10:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won my age group at a May 30 sanctioned event - qualifying for Nationals. The event director was late sending in the results. Then there were timing discrepancies to be resolved. Then the computer crashed and he's rebuilding the results database. Now he says he'll have them in by the end of this week. Sounds like the window has closed. Disappointing....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SpicedRum wrote:
Not really in shape to do well in the Olympic distance race and let alone do well in the sprint after it. Finally decided no matter how the Olympic went I could gut out a decent performance in the sprint.
Good luck getting into the Oly -- hopefully you get in. Last year I was like "WTF, I'll do both races." Turned out my sprint time was pretty freakin' good (for me) even after hammering out the Oly the previous day. Go figure.
Quote Reply
Re: Is USAT nationals sold out [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I had to request a new link. Even though my email said it
Was the link to use until Aug 1st and they just sent it last week.

I emailed them and they sent me a new link. I'm now on the waitlist. Not sure if my fingers are crossed or not. I'm already signed up for the sprint & have airfare & hotel booked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With in 24 hours of signing up on the waitlist I got an email saying I was transferred from waitlist to the race. Crap. It's gonna hurt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got the email from USA Triathlon offering me a 50% rebate to cancel my Olympic entry. I'm sure that will open up some spots. Get on the wait list and you'll probably get in.
Quote Reply
Re: Is USAT nationals sold out [lutzman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lutzman wrote:
Just got the email from USA Triathlon offering me a 50% rebate to cancel my Olympic entry. I'm sure that will open up some spots. Get on the wait list and you'll probably get in.

Smart idea. Is someone really does not want to do the race, with folks who do, why not get a better field, and they make a few more bucks.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: Is USAT nationals sold out [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are getting my spot. I crashed on my bike, so I'm out of both the Olympic and Sprint races. I would have cancelled sooner, but in the past they have offerred this half refund program and I was waiting for them to make the offer. At least I'll get back half of my Olympic fees.
Quote Reply
Re: Is USAT nationals sold out [lutzman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lutzman wrote:
They are getting my spot. I crashed on my bike, so I'm out of both the Olympic and Sprint races. I would have cancelled sooner, but in the past they have offerred this half refund program and I was waiting for them to make the offer. At least I'll get back half of my Olympic fees.

Wow, sorry to hear. This is my concern that something happens before I get to worlds in 6 weeks and lose a bunch of money on the 3 races.

Heal quickly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the official answer to your question, which will be posted shortly on the USAT website:

"We are highly confident that every member who has qualified for, and wishes to compete, in the 2014 USA Triathlon Olympic-Distance National Championships will have that opportunity. Athletes who have not yet registered should sign-up for the wait list, which we anticipate will continue to be cleared in its entirety within one or two days. No qualified athletes should be turned away."

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Milwaukee for this huge and competitive weekend!
Quote Reply
Re: Is USAT nationals sold out [5430tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great job USAT on trying to get everyone in who wants to race, and letting the folks go who cannot.

Quote Reply