Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [Deej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo's Graphic Designer did a great job with Dave Mirra's custom painted P5. The question is why didn't they use this paint scheme for mass production instead of the ugly red/white combination.

http://lavamagazine.com/...p-mont-tremblant-qc/

http://www.verynooty.com
Last edited by: BigH: Sep 12, 14 12:01
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [BigH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hot damn!

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The solid color scheme would be awesome if done in any color but all black. The all black look is pretty meh.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [spider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually take the color scheme that was just posted and replace the matte black by matte red, replace glossy black by matte black (and make the stripes on seatstay black also) and it's a great paint scheme.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is that an enve sticker on a super 9 disc?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the horror!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigH wrote:
Cervelo's Graphic Designer did a great job with Dave Mirra's custom painted P5. The question is why didn't they use this paint scheme for mass production instead of the ugly red/white combination.

http://lavamagazine.com/...p-mont-tremblant-qc/

The best color scheme on a Cervelo I have ever seen. Perfect.
Last edited by: 7summits: Sep 13, 14 5:46
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm over the whole "everything blacked out" color scheme. I've never understood it. Dave's bike looks awesome though

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
One has to wonder what sort of gains are still on the table for something like the P5. I could see them retooling it slightly to help it at yaw or perhaps coming out with a few "integrated" accessories ala the Shiv's fuel cell.

IMO, the next frontier for "super bikes" will be rider comfort.

I hope the P7 is a beam bike!!! Damon....get on it! Forget about this UCI compliant stuff...you guys know that we triathletes are the bulk of the market anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [Unicron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi hows the ride because right now i an choosing what to get p3 or p5. Really need great infos :) thank you so much ;)
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [teampeewee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can someone confirm a new color scheme?
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [teampeewee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teampeewee wrote:
Hi hows the ride because right now i an choosing what to get p3 or p5. Really need great infos :) thank you so much ;)

I got the P3 Ultegra for many reasons:
  1. I am an engineer (at least originally) in my professional life. I didn't want hydraulic brakes nor Di2 because I prefer to see more field deployment of products and all the incremental refinements that come with that. I still see too many field failures of both from peers. Neither of these would qualify for mission/flight critical reliability for Aerospace (yes, my standard is a bit high). I wanted conventional braking and conventional mechanical shifting that have millions of hours in field deployment. Less hassle
  2. the P3 uses stock components. When I travel, I can get any part from a shop and fix myself
  3. It was easy to swap out the Cervelo provided cockpit for the one I wanted.
  4. P3 is "almost as aero" as P5....my position is the bigger problem
  5. P3 is less hassle to pack in my bike bag. I travel with it around 3-8x per year. I want something that I don't need to baby
  6. After the fact, I cound out that the P3 uses standard headset bearing that I can get in pretty well any bike shop (I managed to crush one in re assembly....my fault).

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev,

Hydraulic brakes may be "new" on road/tri bikes, but the basic technology for hydraulic brakes on bikes has been around for a LOOOONG time now.
My wife has Magura hydraulic rim brakes on her old '96 ProFlex Beast mtb, and they still work well.
(the XTR disk brakes on my new mtb are insanely good. Literally 1-finger braking, w/ oodles of stopping power. It feels like cheating.)

The Magura hydraulic brakes on my P5 are AMAZEBALLS.
Granted, it's only n=1, but I've had zero issues whatsoever with them to date.
I can certainly see how having regular brakes is 'better' for travelling, just in case there's any issues, since replacement parts are readily available almost everywhere.

Also agree about DI2 - seeing people stuck on the side of the road because their bike won't shift at all, is a dealbreaker on that.

At least if cable shifting goes south, there are lots of ways to MacGuyver a fix to at least get you back home.
And get replacement parts to fix it easily and cheaply.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [cwg_at_opc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride old school ti. Rides smooooth
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [Avago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best advice on ST
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even with an issue here or there, I have yet to talk to a person with Di2 that does not LOVE it.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Dev,

Hydraulic brakes may be "new" on road/tri bikes, but the basic technology for hydraulic brakes on bikes has been around for a LOOOONG time now.
My wife has Magura hydraulic rim brakes on her old '96 ProFlex Beast mtb, and they still work well.
(the XTR disk brakes on my new mtb are insanely good. Literally 1-finger braking, w/ oodles of stopping power. It feels like cheating.)

The Magura hydraulic brakes on my P5 are AMAZEBALLS.
Granted, it's only n=1, but I've had zero issues whatsoever with them to date.
I can certainly see how having regular brakes is 'better' for travelling, just in case there's any issues, since replacement parts are readily available almost everywhere.

Also agree about DI2 - seeing people stuck on the side of the road because their bike won't shift at all, is a dealbreaker on that.

At least if cable shifting goes south, there are lots of ways to MacGuyver a fix to at least get you back home.
And get replacement parts to fix it easily and cheaply.

Yeah, it's mainly the part in bold. My "use case" is not totally the same as most age groupers given my race schedule. But my race schedule is the delta between my VW Jetta and the Audi A6 that I chose not to get...would rather give my money to Airlines, hotels, WTC and Cervelo :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear Dev - I would like to hear your considered views...

All else being equal (fit, position, etc.) do you think the P3 is an improvement / upgrade over the Slice?

ie - do you think you are faster / "bought some speed" getting the P3 from the Slice?

(Current Slice owner thinking of "upgrading" to a new frame)
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [Unicron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did anyone see the cervelo tweet today? New colors seem to be true
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [PaintIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much do you charge for that paint job? Looks awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 Cervelo line-up [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the P3, the P5 not so much. The P2 paint job continues to look like shit.
winchester wrote:
Did anyone see the cervelo tweet today? New colors seem to be true
Last edited by: sp1ke: Oct 14, 14 18:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I got the P3 Ultegra for many reasons:
  1. I am an engineer (at least originally) in my professional life. I didn't want hydraulic brakes nor Di2 because I prefer to see more field deployment of products and all the incremental refinements that come with that. I still see too many field failures of both from peers. Neither of these would qualify for mission/flight critical reliability for Aerospace (yes, my standard is a bit high). I wanted conventional braking and conventional mechanical shifting that have millions of hours in field deployment. Less hassle
  2. the P3 uses stock components. When I travel, I can get any part from a shop and fix myself
  3. It was easy to swap out the Cervelo provided cockpit for the one I wanted.
  4. P3 is "almost as aero" as P5....my position is the bigger problem
  5. P3 is less hassle to pack in my bike bag. I travel with it around 3-8x per year. I want something that I don't need to baby
  6. After the fact, I cound out that the P3 uses standard headset bearing that I can get in pretty well any bike shop (I managed to crush one in re assembly....my fault).

Dev

Hey Dev,

What cockpit did you select? Any thoughts about Zipp Alimina on that frame?

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the red looks sweet in person, the photos do not do it justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been running di2 for 2 years and the only problem I had, one time, was a low battery because I didn't' charge it. Otherwise it has been flawless and I wouldn't have anything else. Benefit is I don't have to be concerned about cable stretch or slippage. Shifters on the brakes are nice as well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next