Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo Introduces the R2 to Lineup [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know the availability of these? I read through the thread and didn't see it, though could've missed it.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Introduces the R2 to Lineup [BionicMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Bionic,

We're delivering to Cervelo retailers from our warehouse stock as we speak. Call your local retailer to find out when they're expecting theirs:

http://www.cervelo.com/en/find-a-retailer.html

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Damon. I am awaiting a return call from them but thought I would check here as well. I have a 2011 R3 w/DA that just had the right shifter crap out on me, so I've been trying to decide between getting it replaced or upgrading to an 11 speed setup. My dealer is willing to give me trade value for a new bike and I want to see if he'll trade for the R2. The trade value isn't great but it seems to be close to what they are going for on eBay plus I wouldn't have to hassle with shipping.

edit to add: He has an R3 Ultegra in stock in my size but the cost difference between and an R2 isn't really worth it to me.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Last edited by: BionicMan: Jul 24, 14 12:47
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Introduces the R2 to Lineup [BionicMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a cool offer from your dealer. Hope it works out the way you want!

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

I had asked about comfort levels of the now R2 and S2 earlier in the thread and am hoping to get your opinion. Now that the S2 shares a similar rear triangle as the R series, where do you compare them in terms of all day comfort? If say the R5 rates as a 10 and the R2/3 as an 8/9 respectively, where would you place the S2? My thinking is that the geometries and comfort levels are so comparable now that one would choose the more aero frame. I know it's all a bit subjective, but it's difficult to test these bikes personally on such long rides. Thanks for your input!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you and I appreciate you responding so quickly!

I was editing my previous post when you responded. He has an R3 Ultegra in stock in my size but for the price the R2 seems like a great deal.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Introduces the R2 to Lineup [nikenum9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi nikenum9,

I've ridden both, and subjectively I agree with your statement. Geometries are identical, and my subjective judgement of the comfort levels is that they are very, very close.

As well, by the end of an all-day adventure ride, the aero S-series has reduced my fatigue in another way, in the sense that the aero performance has saved me energy I would have otherwise had to expend.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Introduces the R2 to Lineup [donnieboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry it took a while to respond. I do mostly pavement but I live in a rural-ish place and so I get the occasional dirt road. This set up has been great. I find the Open Pave are still quite fast and hold up really well. The assurance in turns and corners is really good, and the comfort of the tires along with the R3/R2 frame has been a total revelation for me (I am used to riding 23's on narrow rims at 110 psi or higher). I run 80-90 psi in front and 100 or so in the back, but can go lower. The Open Pave's are available in 24/25 mm and 27 mm, though the bigger ones are harder to find. I run the narrower option.

I even did an Olympic Triathlon with the Open Paves and didn't feel like they slowed me down a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
Hi nikenum9,

I've ridden both, and subjectively I agree with your statement. Geometries are identical, and my subjective judgement of the comfort levels is that they are very, very close.

As well, by the end of an all-day adventure ride, the aero S-series has reduced my fatigue in another way, in the sense that the aero performance has saved me energy I would have otherwise had to expend.

Cheers,

Thank you for the response. I'll certainly take that advice into the purchase of Cervelo #2!
Quote Reply

Prev Next