Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Critique my diet, then spank me and tell me i'm a naughty boy. [shivermetimbers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shivermetimbers wrote:
too much dairy......go paleo hybrid with whole grain bagels on training days.

Oh dear...

"Paleo" diet is an illusion, no idea what a hybrid version of an illusion is.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my diet, then spank me and tell me i'm a naughty boy. [Swanson234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swanson234 wrote:
6'2 205 pounds - trying to lose weight

Breakfast - 3 whole grain tortillas
5 egg whites
1/2 tblsp spoon olive oil
2 servings of spinach
cup of skim milk with half scoop whey protein (15g protein)

Post workout smoothie
2 cups skim milk
1.5 cups whole grain oats
1 banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 scoop whey protein (15g protein)

12 oz Gatorade

Lunch smoothie
2 cups skim milk
1 banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 avocado
1/2 cup fat free yogurt

Random snacking throughout day
bowl of spinach with vinegar as dressing
Pears
Walnuts
Glass skim milk
banana

Dinner
8oz of tilapia or salmon
3-4 servings brown rice
broccoli or carrots or green beans
1/2 tblsp olive oil

Like once a week I snack on...potato chips and beer. If I do it more than twice a week I attach jumper cables from car battery to my nipples.

Loose all the tortillas, all the oats, you don't need Gatorade just because you sweat a lot, and the fat free yogurt is crap. Eat whole eggs, less milk, more healthy fat (nut butters, coconut, ect.).

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my diet, then spank me and tell me i'm a naughty boy. [Tapeworm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tapeworm wrote:
shivermetimbers wrote:
too much dairy......go paleo hybrid with whole grain bagels on training days.

Oh dear...

"Paleo" diet is an illusion, no idea what a hybrid version of an illusion is.

I've never been a fan of the paleo diet. I kind of like elements of it, but would never follow it as a whole.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my diet, then spank me and tell me i'm a naughty boy. [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Swanson234 wrote:
6'2 205 pounds - trying to lose weight

Breakfast - 3 whole grain tortillas
5 egg whites
1/2 tblsp spoon olive oil
2 servings of spinach
cup of skim milk with half scoop whey protein (15g protein)

Post workout smoothie
2 cups skim milk
1 banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 scoop whey protein (15g protein)

12 oz Gatorade

Lunch smoothie
2 cups skim milk
1 banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 avocado
1/2 cup fat free yogurt

Random snacking throughout day
bowl of spinach with vinegar as dressing
Pears
Walnuts
Glass skim milk
banana

Dinner
8oz of tilapia or salmon
3-4 servings brown rice
broccoli or carrots or green beans
1/2 tblsp olive oil

Like once a week I snack on...potato chips and beer. If I do it more than twice a week I attach jumper cables from car battery to my nipples.

Loose all the tortillas, all the oats, you don't need Gatorade just because you sweat a lot, and the fat free yogurt is crap. Eat whole eggs, less milk, more healthy fat (nut butters, coconut, ect.).

Tortillas gone. Going with 1/2 the oats....and gluten free oats for the f*** of it. Gatorade gone. Fat free plain yogurt bad?????? I eat cage free whole eggs just for the f*** of it. What is nut butter? Coconut, where do they sell non-processed version of that????

If you guys turn me into a Kenyan marathon runner I'm gonna track you all down and stab you in the eye!!! (for legal purposes nobody is actually going to get tracked down and stabbed in the eye).
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my diet, then spank me and tell me i'm a naughty boy. [Tapeworm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tapeworm wrote:
What exactly is a "clean" diet, is it one where you scrub all your food before eating it?

And what is the ratio of carbs ingested to fat made, exactly?

It is termed often used in bodybuilding.com. My IQ often drops 20 points when I drop by this forum, but they aren't completely devoid of intelligence regarding daily nutrition.

Clean foods definition: refers to foods that are more on the organic end of the spectrum rather than the processed end of the spectrum. Either that or foods that provide them their daily allowance of 2g of protein per pound of bodyweight so they don't lose their valuable muscle.....bunch of paranoid vain f***s
Last edited by: Swanson234: Jul 5, 14 18:11
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my diet, then spank me and tell me i'm a naughty boy. [Swanson234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was being facetious, it's an oft used, and utterly stupid term to refer to an aspect of diet. "Processing" is another vapid term. What exactly constitutes "processing" and at which point does it become "bad"?

Unless Project Mayhem is actually real, at which point I really do want "clean" food.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swanson234 wrote:
Tortillas gone. Going with 1/2 the oats....and gluten free oats for the f*** of it. Gatorade gone. Fat free plain yogurt bad?????? I eat cage free whole eggs just for the f*** of it. What is nut butter? Coconut, where do they sell non-processed version of that????

If you guys turn me into a Kenyan marathon runner I'm gonna track you all down and stab you in the eye!!! (for legal purposes nobody is actually going to get tracked down and stabbed in the eye).

Yeah, eat plain full fat greek yogurt and put some fruit in it. You need/want healthy fat from good sources. Almond butter, coconut butter, coconut oil mixed in your smoothies, try that.

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my diet, then spank me and tell me i'm a naughty boy. [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Swanson234 wrote:

Yeah, eat plain full fat greek yogurt and put some fruit in it. You need/want healthy fat from good sources. Almond butter, coconut butter, coconut oil mixed in your smoothies, try that.

I've heard about this high fat low carb diet. Made a thread about it.
Last edited by: Swanson234: Jul 6, 14 6:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swanson234 wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
Swanson234 wrote:

I prefer higher fat, lower, better quality carb. And far less sugar based sport drinks and foods. And try training without any calories if doing aerobic work under an hour or so.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Swanson234 wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
Swanson234 wrote:

I prefer higher fat, lower, better quality carb. And far less sugar based sport drinks and foods. And try training without any calories if doing aerobic work under an hour or so.

What would you consider "quality" fats and "quality" foods? Ben Greenfield's super human food pyramid?? hehe

I like a lot of foods in the high fat low carb diet as they seem really healthy, but a lot of people say they feel like crap for a while going low carb.
Last edited by: Swanson234: Jul 6, 14 8:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swanson234 wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
Swanson234 wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
Swanson234 wrote:

What would you consider "quality" fats and "quality" foods? Ben Greenfield's super human food pyramid?? hehe

I like a lot of foods in the high fat low carb diet as they seem really healthy, but a lot of people say they feel like crap for a while going low carb.

They feel like crap when they go REALLY low carb, like a couple 100 grams per day. I find that unnecessary.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is so bad about carbs?
Based on my training I need to eat over 800 grams of carbs today (60% of my calories).
I weigh in the low 140's- so a lot less than you.
My point is twofold.
1.) Don't fear carbs when you are training
2.) If you know what numbers you are trying to hit- you can figure out how much and what to eat.
You need to figure out your daily caloric need with no training. Then you need to figure out the calories for your various activities.
Once you have this- you can subtract 300-500 to the deficit you need.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my diet, then spank me and tell me i'm a naughty boy. [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
What is so bad about carbs?

Nothing, as long as they come from cereal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Swanson234 wrote:

What is wrong with plain fat free yogurt? It's way better than skim milk sugar wise. It has 23g protein 9g sugar per serving while skim milk has 8g protein 12g sugar per serving.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you're drinking an extra 400 calories in milk. replace it with water.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my diet [Marcell_S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marcell_S wrote:
That is the funniest thing I have ever read! The cereal diet - 'Just eat cereal' duh!

Do you work for a cereal company?

Yeh, may loose you some weight but you screw up your body!

Whatever you do OP do NOT follow this guys advice, he's one bowl of cereal and half a digestive away from a heart attack.

It's tastier than the cabbage diet. Or the grapefruit diet.

My triathlon training blog
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my diet [BigCheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heartily endorse the cereal diet especially if Lucky Charms are the cereal of choice.
Quote Reply

Prev Next