Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Focus on Long run or Interval run for Ironman
Quote | Reply
I'll doing my first Ironman (IM Texas) in 4 weeks. Im not really confidence with my run part for ironman. Last saturday, I did my long run (17 miles). I'm totally tired after the run. Question is: Should I keep continue focus on my long run to prepare myself for ironman in 4 weeks? Or just focus on Intervals such as 6x 1mile? or Tempo? or Run with group (fast runner) Work up to 10-12 miles? OR any recommend best running workout to prepare for Ironman. FYI: I did glaveston 70.3 (3 weeks ago) My run split is 1:35. Feedback would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Focus on Long run or Interval run for Ironman [Dan7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best thing you can do for your Ironman now is to be consistent in your running and not kill yourself doing it.

The time has passed for any adaptations that could be gained from any intervals as they normally take 5 to 6 weeks to see a difference and you have 2 weeks now.

Just run near your max volume for the next 2 weeks and taper it off in the last 10 days. Same goes for your biking and swimming. If you want to run some mile intervals I would suggest 20 minutes worth once a week.

jaretj
Quote Reply