Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cannondale Slice Cone Spacer Replacement
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where I can find or buy a headset bearing dust cover for my cannondale slice? I want to slam my stem and get rid of the ugly cone spacer that it currently has. I have tried slamthatstem.com but they no longer sell online anymore and none of their dealers are close to me. Anyone else have this issue?
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice Cone Spacer Replacement [RunningRiot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I had similar issue with my CAAD10 and couldn't find any from the various local shops that fit correctly. I wound up going wtih a Cane Creek. You can find what you need on their website and can buy it directly from them. They sell their headsets with separate upper and lower assemblies. You may have to buy the whole upper assembly but it wasn't terribly expensive and you get a spare bearing anyways.

You'll need to know various dimensions for your current headset (bearing angle, OD of cap your replacing, steerer tube diameter, etc.)

Last edited by: bm: Apr 23, 14 14:21
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice Cone Spacer Replacement [bm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tired pulling the existing one off to see what's underneath? On some Cannondales, there's a low profile top cap underneath the cone.

Alternatively, the Supersix top plate cap may work: http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/...p--KP253_p_1949.html

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went to one of the larger shops in the area, and one of the service guys went in the back and rummaged through his spare parts bin and found one (and gave it to me)
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice Cone Spacer Replacement [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I checked under my cone and they did not include one for the slice... I guess I'll call around some shops and find out if I can get a hold of something similar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't have luck locally, PM me. I might have a spare. Would need to rummage through my boxes-o-crap. (I throw nothing away)
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice Cone Spacer Replacement [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got one from cobb and its nicer than the slam that stem one
Quote Reply