Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

St Petersburg or West Palm Beach Vacation
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,

Was wondering which you would choose for a triathlon vacation and why?

Thanks,
Chris

Running is the best source of fiber that I know of...
Quote Reply
Re: St Petersburg or West Palm Beach Vacation [TriChris14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no experience with St Petersburg, but you couldn't pay me enough to bike around West Palm. You would seriously be taking your life in your hands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both are bad places to bike. However Jupiter is an excellent place to bike (15mins north of West Palm) and Wellington has a 50m pool (10 mins west of West Palm).

I'm not a huge fan of St Pete in general but in all fairness I've only been there 5-6 times. West Palm, Palm Beach, and North Palm have great restaurants and great shopping. If you do go to West Palm be sure to go to Christopher's Kitchen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
St Petes! Did that last year. Did the St A's Tri, staying over in Treasure Island (an easy 15 mins west of St Petersburg, on the gulf coast), then dropped down to Sanibel Island for a few more days.

NOTE: Did not bring my bike. Rented a bike for the race, and then just relaxed with easy open water swims & runs on the beach the rest of the time. VACATION.

Later!

Brian

Swim. Bike. Run. Repeat as necessary.
Welcome to the Church of Briantriology!
Quote Reply
Re: St Petersburg or West Palm Beach Vacation [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed -- if we're talking shopping, a big outlet mall complex just opened up in West Palm. Including Nike factory store...
Quote Reply
Re: St Petersburg or West Palm Beach Vacation [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I grew up in Jupiter, and it is a nice place to visit, however I think either of them are a crap shoot in terms of cycling. Jupiter Island is a decent stretch of road to ride, and I have heard of people riding A1A (beach road) north to almost Ft. Pierce or Vero Beach.

I have done St. Anthony's a few years (this will be my first year not racing it in a few), and really like that area.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
St. Pete. Lots of group rides all over that area and plenty of places to open water swim. Look up St. Pete Mad Dogs and go train at Fort DeSoto.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im from St. Pete area and live in North Palm...I would vacation to the West Palm, Gardens, Jupiter area over St. Pete...

Juno Beach and North is an easy, safe, scenic century no problem if you want it.
Quote Reply
Re: St Petersburg or West Palm Beach Vacation [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the post. Sorry for the late reply. That's really great to hear. Aside from A1A, are there other options riding out west or to the north? Is there an area that you would not ride too? I'm guessing that would be south of West Palm Beach.

Thanks,
Chris

Running is the best source of fiber that I know of...
Quote Reply