Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ultegra Di2 question
Quote | Reply
If I can scrape together the funds, I'm thinking about purchasing a Di2 6800, road gruppo by years end. My questions are: where is the best source for this purchase (i.e. least expensive)? What is the lowest price I might find for this group? And the bike I'm contemplating putting it on is an old, aluminum Fuji Team. Is it as big of a mistake as I think it might be to try to run it internally, as that would require drilling a light-weight, alloy frame? Alternatively, would it be a better idea to buy a complete bike equipped with Di2 and sell the Fuji? One brand I found on Ebay is Stradalli. Any thoughts on the brand? I've never heard of it, so I'm a little gun shy.

Thanks for the input.

Twenty-five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill
of hope
For a destination
Quote Reply
Re: Ultegra Di2 question [JacquiAndBoudreaux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some sites like www.probikekit.com sometimes have good deals on grupos. I think maybe your frameset doesn't run na electronic group? You should check it first then decide if you need/want to buy a new frame or bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stradalli is just another generic carbon brand. I was researching that brand a while back. Based on the reviews that I read at the time, the owner was not easy to deal with. As far as Di2, I would only consider Di2 if it's routed internally. I wouldn't drill the aluminum but that's just me. Ribbles usually has the best price but they are out of stock right now. Merlin cycles is another good source.

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/...m-frames-213874.html
Quote Reply
Re: Ultegra Di2 question [uncrx2003] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I'm not keen on external wires for so many reasons. Have just checked Ribbles an they are the lowest I've found so far (~ $1380) and as you said, OOS on brake calipers. Remember tho', this is to be a near year end purchase. Maybe Di2 105 11s will be rolled out by then. I would drill the alloy if I knew of a quick, easy, light and aesthetically pleasing reinforcement technique. Short of welding a gusset over the site and then drilling that, I'm at a loss. Not to mention the paint being destroyed and the heat treat being altered. Reheat treat the frame (no guarantees that it'll be straight), respray the frame (bonus - any color you want and any design/scheme!). Throwing cubic $$$$$$'s down the black hole known as high-end cycling. It's a great frame, but not worthy of such love. Does somebody have the ultimate solution to drilling aluminum safely, easily, cheaply and aesthetically?

Baring the ultimate solution, I'm most likely in the complete "new" bike arena. Costs are king, so I'm not looking to Pinarello and it's types. Chinese may be the way to go.

Another option would be the "gently used (less than 400 miles)" 2014 SpeedRacer v3.2 MK IX with full DA Di2 9070 for a price that'll make you slap your mammy.

Guidance please in the strange new world of trons.

Twenty-five years and my life is still
Trying to get up that great big hill
of hope
For a destination
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep an eye on Bikesdirect.com They occasionally have Di2 bikes.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, keep your eyes on ebay, just purchased a "NOS" 2013 Felt F3 with Ultegra Di2 for almost half the price it cost last year! :-)
Quote Reply