Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [tpmcman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer helmet w/ visor.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My new favorite are Jackson Nemesis safety glasses. You can get an indoor/ outdoor lens that adapts to changing conditions. There is no frame on top to look over. All for about $5 (plus shipping) from Amazon.

Thanks for the tip... those look very decent for being almost free.

Anything to report regarding fit? Nose piece adjustable at all? One issue I have is very long lashes which means I need to keep the lenses farther away from my eyes.

Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't worn them since last fall, but don't think there is any adjustment. I'll look at them tonight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SPY has made a HUGE investment into the cycling and tri market. They made these specifically for TT riders and tri folks. They come with 2 lenses (1 for low light) and they are ridiculously light. http://www.spyoptic.com/...-1.html?color=632993

Check em out.

http://ianmikelsonracing.com/2013/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you care more about how you look than performance by all means get a pricey designer pair. If you don't, try safety glasses - lots of decent looking economy choices at safetyglassesusa.com. For ~$3 the Pyramex Ztek are as good as any fancy shades I've owned. I can wear them for extended periods without irritation.
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [rpeterson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rpeterson wrote:
I'm a huge fan of Smith Pivlocks, super comfy (though that may just be my head), and great visibility all around.

If, like me, you have an old pair of Smith's that are broken, now might be the time to see if their lifetime warranty will cover them. I had an old pair of sliders that had broken (through wear and tear, not sitting on them) and they gave me a discount equal to the original list price on any replacement pair I wanted. Bought the Pivlock V2 Max and I love them for riding. Customer service like that will keep me buying Smith glasses.
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [rpeterson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are the Smith's with sweat?

I sweat all over my current sunglasses. By the end of a long ride or run I can barely see out them.
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [TN_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oakley's are great, but overpriced....I have prescription Full Jacket oakley's and I love them!

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [TN_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Oakley Fast Jacket XL's so I can change the lenses quickly in T2.... LMAO JK

Seriously though... I have the Fast Jacket's. They are nice. I ride with a visor and then throw these on in T2.
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [ErikTaylor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tifosi Podium XCs. Similar to the Pivlock or the Rudy Project Hypermask.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are eventually going to get a TT helmet consider a visor instead of sunglasses. It is debatable if they are more aero, but no worries with seeing the frames, don't require adjustment mid ride etc. Also, most can be removed, so if you don't like it or prefer sunglasses on a particular day for whatever reason, you can.
Quote Reply
Re: Shades for TT [mikelsonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mikelsonian wrote:
SPY has made a HUGE investment into the cycling and tri market. They made these specifically for TT riders and tri folks. They come with 2 lenses (1 for low light) and they are ridiculously light. http://www.spyoptic.com/...-1.html?color=632993

Check em out.

Count me as a 4th vote for the Spy Daft.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just found a great pair at Home Depot for around $10.00. They are these safety glasses with soft comfortable nose, and ear pices. blocks the wind nicely no teary eyes even on 37 mph downhill. Stay put not fall off when looking down. Great clarity no bend or illusions due to bend in lens. But most of all no eye bridge/frame to have to look over. They are wide from top bottom and I do not need to strain my neck and look up. I can stay more aero. And if I trash or lose them theres about 20 on the shelf at home depot.

LOL I love my oakley m frame sweeps but these are easily going to replace them.

3M 90965-80025 Xfactor Light Blue Lens Safety Glasses

Under eating is just as good for you as over training.
Quote Reply

Prev Next