Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shoe recommendation - wide foot
Quote | Reply
I've been wearing Brooks Pureflow 1's for a really long time, the best shoe for my foot I've found due to the forefoot cushioning and wide toebox. I can't find them online in the nooks and crannies of the internets anymore and the Pureflow 2's gave me some major blisters on the pinky toe. So what are you other wide-shod, forefoot-cushioned individuals wearing? Preferably lower drop (0-4mm) as I tend to get PF from anything higher. Thanks for any recommendations!
Quote Reply
Re: Shoe recommendation - wide foot [TomkR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
II recently switched to Skora Phase-x shoes and extremely happy with the fit, especially the toe box. Normally I'll order a size larger to have a decent fit but didn't need to with them.

Right out of the box went on a long run and no issues at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TomkR wrote:
I've been wearing Brooks Pureflow 1's for a really long time, the best shoe for my foot I've found due to the forefoot cushioning and wide toebox. I can't find them online in the nooks and crannies of the internets anymore and the Pureflow 2's gave me some major blisters on the pinky toe. So what are you other wide-shod, forefoot-cushioned individuals wearing? Preferably lower drop (0-4mm) as I tend to get PF from anything higher. Thanks for any recommendations!

Altra Torin. Zero drop. Great shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: Shoe recommendation - wide foot [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input, I read a few reviews on runningwarehouse.com and some mentioned going with a size up. Did you have to do this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered the same size I normally wear and they fit great. Even after a 50k there was no issue. I wear a 10 in brooks flow, Newton gravity and PI em2 and the Altra torin and instict. Going up a size for me always seems sloppy on my feet after the shoes break in. I think leftlane has torin for $70 or less in some sizes. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Second the Altra Torin. Did not have to size up (from size in 4E width), although a few toes were surprised to discover there was actually a front to a toe box. Seem to be able to push the knees a little further compared to 8 and 12mm drop shoes before the dread PF starts to beckon from the shadows, but that could just be the koolaid...
Quote Reply
Re: Shoe recommendation - wide foot [bruceg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would agree with the Torin. I'm a full 4E in Asics and the Torin work for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

I've found Zoot's line of shoes like the Kalani and Kane and Ultra TT to work really well. Stretchy material helps with a wide foot and toe splay.
Quote Reply
Re: Shoe recommendation - wide foot [slowshortround] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find my saucony mirage 2 have kinda wide box and 4mm drop.

-shoki
Quote Reply