Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do I have any low-hanging bike fruit left? [PT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 90% sure that the P2 would have the edge... especially if you weighted average yaw to somewhere around 10 degrees.
Quote Reply
Re: Do I have any low-hanging bike fruit left? [rpeterson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep the Speedpack. BUT:

Doesn't that bike have the Speed Concept top tube storage bosses? If yes, you can easily to covert that Speedpack 480 to go strapless (clean looking and even more aero). Just send us an email, and we'll give you the full details.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Do I have any low-hanging bike fruit left? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Keep the Speedpack. BUT:

Doesn't that bike have the Speed Concept top tube storage bosses? If yes, you can easily to covert that Speedpack 480 to go strapless (clean looking and even more aero). Just send us an email, and we'll give you the full details.

Greg @ dsw

Maybe he's like me and actually ordered the one made specifically made for the Speed Concept but was sent the wrong one
by your company.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Do I have any low-hanging bike fruit left? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
PaulMoody wrote:
My thoughts are to get rid of the water bottle mounts also and to get a XLAB Torpedo Mount. As far as not getting new wheels, you can always get a wheel cover from Wheelbuilder cheep and effective.

$90 for free speed

Uhhhhh.......

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Do I have any low-hanging bike fruit left? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
ChrisM wrote:
PaulMoody wrote:
My thoughts are to get rid of the water bottle mounts also and to get a XLAB Torpedo Mount. As far as not getting new wheels, you can always get a wheel cover from Wheelbuilder cheep and effective.

$90 for free speed

Uhhhhh.......

Free as in "free speech", not free as in "free beer"?

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Do I have any low-hanging bike fruit left? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
Maybe he's like me and actually ordered the one made specifically made for the Speed Concept but was sent the wrong one
by your company.

Don't want to derail this thread, but, you're right, that has happened a couple of times in the 4 years we've been making Speedpacks. We're not perfect. But the very few times it happened, we made it 100% right at our expense. All that said, if your order was shipped to Abilene TX in early April of 2012, I just looked up your order. From google checkouts' database, your order was for a 480 and that is what we shipped out to you. But if we're in any way mistaken about this, please contact me directly (email is here). I'll do everything I can to help you out.

thanks,
Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Re: Do I have any low-hanging bike fruit left? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL. duh. Turn of phrase gone horribly wrong!
Quote Reply
Re: Do I have any low-hanging bike fruit left? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swap all my stuff around between bikes, so while it does have top-tube bosses I'm fine with the straps because I can put it on any of my other bikes and just take it off for shorter races.

DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
pattersonpaul wrote:
by your company.

Don't want to derail this thread, but, you're right, that has happened a couple of times in the 4 years we've been making Speedpacks. We're not perfect. But the very few times it happened, we made it 100% right at our expense. All that said, if your order was shipped to Abilene TX in early April of 2012, I just looked up your order. From google checkouts' database, your order was for a 480 and that is what we shipped out to you. But if we're in any way mistaken about this, please contact me directly (email is here). I'll do everything I can to help you out.

thanks,
Greg @ dsw

I THOUGHT I was ordering the Speed Concept specific Speedpack with no straps. If you say I messed up the order by ordering the wrong one
then I apologize. It's a great product with or without straps.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Do I have any low-hanging bike fruit left? [rpeterson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rpeterson wrote:
I swap all my stuff around between bikes, so while it does have top-tube bosses I'm fine with the straps because I can put it on any of my other bikes and just take it off for shorter races.

Gotcha. That makes sense.

Well, after you get all of the easy low-hanging fruit, if you're ready for some of the higher up fruit, with your low stem set up, you might consider one of these (mount it as close as you can to your super low stem--an easy mod, contact me for info how) as a dedicated pack for your Speed Concept only. Then cut your steerer as low as is safe with your stem.

--
Quote Reply
Re: Do I have any low-hanging bike fruit left? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
I THOUGHT I was ordering the Speed Concept specific Speedpack with no straps. If you say I messed up the order by ordering the wrong one then I apologize. It's a great product with or without straps.

No worries. If you want to modify your pack (480) for bolt mounting only (so to a 480D), contact me. And I'd be happy to send you a bolt kit if you need it.

--
Quote Reply
Re: Do I have any low-hanging bike fruit left? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Great looking rig! The 2.5 is probably the fastest aluminum bike ever made...

Meh. I'd take the P3 SL.
Quote Reply
Re: Do I have any low-hanging bike fruit left? [TriBiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm happy with my SC, but I'd love to see a shootout between the "high end" of the aluminum bikes, SC, P3SL, P1, Speedmax, etc.

I generally assume that the 2.5 is roughly equivalent to the 7 series based on comparing them side to side, but I don't really know.

Loved my old p1
Quote Reply
Re: Do I have any low-hanging bike fruit left? [TriBiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a black P3SL with Campagnolo Record and Zipp 440s(?). I sold it. I am an idiot.

TriBiker wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
Great looking rig! The 2.5 is probably the fastest aluminum bike ever made...

Meh. I'd take the P3 SL.
Quote Reply

Prev Next