Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Leadville 100 MTB 2014 - who's in? [mrtrik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrtrik wrote:
Check spam. That's where mine went.

I'm in for Leadville.... and IMMT 8 days later.

Stupid? Defer IMMT? Can't decide. didn't expect to get in.

I don't know about IMMT, but you can defer LDVL 'til next year. You have to pay for both years, but you are guaranteed to get in next year.

My two teammates still have heard nothing. They contacted the race and are waiting to hear back. The deal with the group/team thing is that supposedly either all of you get in, or none of you get in. So this must be some glitch or oversight.
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville 100 MTB 2014 - who's in? [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In all honesty - of the two, I'd rather do leadville. I can transfer IMMT to Lake Tahoe...

--
MyGearGarage - Track all your gear!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now I'm in.
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville 100 MTB 2014 - who's in? [Power] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did it change!!?

I want to be in also!

http://www.ironmanglib.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TeamBarenaked wrote:

My two teammates still have heard nothing. They contacted the race and are waiting to hear back. The deal with the group/team thing is that supposedly either all of you get in, or none of you get in. So this must be some glitch or oversight.

I think we are all squared away now. Just took a little while.

I am already having buyer's remorse. I think I should have focused on something else this season.
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville 100 MTB 2014 - who's in? [tri dpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri dpt wrote:
How did it change!!?

I want to be in also!

Lifetime Fitness had a contest for 70 spots and I managed to get one of those.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my no go email last week. First try in the lottery. I'll try again next year. Honestly, this race makes me a little nervous because I don't know how my body would handle the altitude coming from about 700-800 feet above sea level, but I wish I got the chance to try! I've been saying for 3 years that I was going to enter and finally this year gave it a shot.. . . . . . maybe next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville 100 MTB 2014 - who's in? [Boris The Blade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boris The Blade wrote:
I don't know how my body would handle the altitude

Yeah, there's the crapshoot. Some people aren't too bothered by it, and some just get flattened by it. I have run a couple times in Leadville and so far I have been fortunate. Even with that experience, I am still leery. A guy who has a dozen Leadville 100 runs under his belt told me you can be fine out there 8 times and the 9th time it knocks your dick in the dirt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in.

Just booked my flights, hotel, and TriBikeTransport.
Holding off on the rental car booking since good deals usually come later.

Has anyone done Leadville? Any tips?

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Leadville 100 MTB 2014 - who's in? [chanthony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glove warmers are nice for the first 90 minutes, pack a light jacket, the weather is unpredictable. Drink drink drink! Don't go out to hard but be mindful of the time cuts. the start bottle necks when you hit the dirt, you have no choice but to sit in going up St. Kevin's, and don't be a TRI geek and blow your wad on the flat asphalt section before pipeline, you will thank me later on the return when you have a nasty headwind, draft!

Have fun and enjoy the day, awesome community, kind of like the Tri community, see ya there!
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Post deleted by landcruiserbob [ In reply to ]
Re: Leadville 100 MTB 2014 - who's in? [raceboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!!!

I just finished IMLP and snagged a Kona spot so I'll be doing Leadville for FUN!

One more question...I've noticed from videos that the race terrain is pretty wide trails and a lot of pavement. I want to use my Garmin Vector pedals on my MTB. Do you think that'll be okay?

website/blog | Instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next