Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Tri_Joeri wrote:
Was 3rd here last year, 16 and 12" behind the first 2 guys and edging out the 4th guy by 0.6". Beat those two that were in front of me last year this time, but that 4th guy now beat me by 14" which is way too much on such a short TT..

1) Average power = 322W, Normalized power = 325W (Assioma Duo)
2) Average speed = 29.2MPH, 46.7km/h
3) Distance = 8.3Mi, 13.3km
4) Rider weight = 148lb, 67kg Height = 5'7", 170cm
5) Describe bike and wheels = 2015 Trek Speed Concept, cheap Aliexpress 70mm Trispoke, Ron wheels Aeron X disc, Vittoria latex tubes (6.4Bar front, 6.4Bar rear), Michelin Power Cup Clincher 25mm, ghetto tape mod to create "super extensions", Rotor Aldhu MAS Aero with Pyramid Cycle Design 58T 1X and 155mm cranks, C-bear ceramic BB, KCNC oversized pulley system, KMC X11SL chain, SRAM PG1170 11-26 cassette. Nopinz Flow suit, Giro Aerohead, Sockeloen non-UCI long aero socks.
6) Excuses: None really. It started raining right at the start which made it a bit sketchy from time to time but that was the same for every competitor. Did not spend enough time on the TT bike since April since I wanted to try to qualify for the Gran Fondo WC in Glasgow, which I did.

7) No pictures online yet but will add one when I find any.

Impressive work!

Thanks! There's probably still quite a bit to gain from better tires (Veloflex Record TLR or Vittoria Corsa Speeds?) and perhaps position and another helmet?
I'd like to try some aero-selftesting still this year to see where I'm at right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Stubob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's quite a few impressive posts on here, but for some reason your 21.1 on 160 watts seems really good to me... especially because you aren't showing a TT helmet or a deep front or deep rear/disc. I did notice your aero socks. Which brand are they?

Two questions for you.
1. What is your FTP?
2. What was your run time? Were you happy with it?
Last edited by: littlefoot: Sep 19, 23 12:58
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Average power = 173w Normalized power = 175w (Assioma Duo)
2) Average speed = 22.07 mph
3) Distance = 56 miles
4) Rider weight = 151 lb Height = 5'8”
5) Describe bike and wheels = Cervelo P5D. Aerocoach Ultra rear disc and Zephyr up front. Continental TT TdF tires with silca Latex. Pressures at 76 psi. Rotor 155mm Carbon ALDHU cranks with aero chainrings and spider 52/36. Ceramic Speed BB and Aero OSPW. silca waxed chain. 11-28 dura ace cassette. Giro Aerohead
6) Excuses: None.

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman 70.3 Michigan (Frankfort) - Pretty good day on the bike.
Average speed 22.0 mph
Average power 162 watts
Cervelo P2, HED Jet6+ and Zipp 900 disk

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [horn_blower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harvest Moon 70.3 Boulder Colorado
174 watts average
19.8 mph
Cervelo P3, Tri Rig Alpha front end
Premier rear disc
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Premier Tactical in local 70.3 with 2k ft of elevation - hot - around 90 degrees by the end of the bike.

253/260 AP/NP
25.5 MPH
168 lbs
HED disc and 90 front

Managed to take the OA win to close the season - happy with result on the day.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
[
Thanks! There's probably still quite a bit to gain from better tires (Veloflex Record TLR or Vittoria Corsa Speeds?) and perhaps position and another helmet?
I'd like to try some aero-selftesting still this year to see where I'm at right now.
Sorry I can't provide any real assistance on this front, but I think the crew in our annual Cycling Thread just might.

Also, missed this on original reading, but congrats on qualifying for Gran Fondo Worlds!
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ftp is about 235. I use Assioma single sided pedals, so maybe it's off. I targeted about .65 IF and got pretty close. Just tried to ride very steady. Nice big course so I could stay aero almost the whole time. I did a sprint at 24 mph on 220 watts last year with the same setup, so think I'm pretty slippery.
Wheels are 50mm open mold carbons. Socks are generic Amazon aero socks with silicone grippers.
I ran the half in 1:59. Given how little I ran I'm happy with it. The only open half I've done was about 1:40.

See your bike fit. https://bikefitr.appspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Stubob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did my last TT of the year yesterday and all the hard work I put in during the year (quit multisport, went all in on cycling) came together for me. After the Almere TT in April where I averaged 43.7km/h at 288W avg./293W NP for 42km, where Marcag said my CdA of 0.204 was respectable but I needed to do something about my power, I now managed to hold 328W avg./329W NP (5W/kg) for 40km at 46.6km/h avg.

The TT was on Circuit Zolder in Belgium (those who follow CX in the winter will know it), only one chicance where I had to get out of the aerobars for +-50m (marked by the 2 black stripes). MyWindSock estimates a 0.195CdA for the full race.

1) Average power = 328W, Normalized power = 329W
2) Average speed = 29.13MPH, 46.6km/h
3) Distance = 25Mi, 40km
4) Rider weight = 148lb, 66.5kg Height = 5'7", 170cm
5) Describe bike and wheels = 2015 Trek Speed Concept, cheap Aliexpress 70mm Trispoke, Ron wheels Aeron X disc, Vittoria latex tubes, Michelin Power Cup Clincher 23mm (both at 6.4bar), ghetto tape mod to create "super extensions", Rotor Aldhu MAS Aero with Pyramid Cycle Design 58T 1X and 155mm cranks, C-bear ceramic BB, KCNC oversized pulley system, KMC X11SL chain, SRAM PG1170 11-26 cassette. Nopinz Flow suit, Giro Aerohead, Nopinz Flow long overshoes.
7)

5th place.. Would have had to average over 48km/h to end up on the podium. 1st place was Brian Megens, guy that competed at the Euro IP champs, finished 6th at the Dutch Elite TT national champs while losing 20" due to a chain drop,.. The others were (ex) regional elite or U23 TT champions, so not too bad for a recently "retired" triathlete.

The guy that beat me for the win by 14" on a 13.5km TT 4 weeks ago, kicked his butt by 2 minutes. Felt good.
Last edited by: Tri_Joeri: Sep 26, 23 0:18
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [treyxt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this sounds obvious at 6’5 but you’re a big guy too? You look like you have some decent shoulders and lats on you so that position has really given me hope!
What spacers are you using to raise your extensions and elbow pads and are they original or aftermarket elbow pads?
Great ride
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Lankysprinter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lankysprinter wrote:
I know this sounds obvious at 6’5 but you’re a big guy too? You look like you have some decent shoulders and lats on you so that position has really given me hope!
What spacers are you using to raise your extensions and elbow pads and are they original or aftermarket elbow pads?
Great ride

I have the Vision Metron TFA basebar with the original spacers for the stack height, but use the AeroCoach ascalon extensions/pads which have a special 25 degree adapter to use on top of vision spacers. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chapeau!

Glad to see it all come together for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Average watts NP 158
2) Average speed in MPH 21.9
3) Distance 55.83
4) Rider weight 141
5) Describe bike and wheels trek sc 60 disc cover. Aero bottles. Geri shoes w nylon laces no tongue speedplay pedals. Zoot calf sleeves Castelli pr suit. Pioneer power meter. Avg temp 74 but sunny and prob hotter air temp. Rudy wing helmet
6) when I tested w Brian and Marc my cda was .21ish

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I ask the elevation gain for that ride?

Your reference to testing indicates you have actually done wind tunnel testing to inform your position, can you comment on that?
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman says 1887ft Strava says 1159ft

I did some testing when Brian and Marc were beta testing the outdoor aero sensor and app. I had roughly the same set up but with this race I had calf sleeves (zoot) and a btl of nutrition down my jersey as I use the small aero btls when racing and it’s not enough fluid.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From my last 2 races.

Santa Cruz 70.3

1. 264 avg 274 NP
2. 25.2 MPH (time of 2:13:39)
3. 56 miles
4. 5’9” 159 pounds
5. Felt IA10, HED Jet 9+ and Disc both set up tubeless with Continental 5000 S TR on the front and TT TDF on the back. Wynn republic trisuit with the new Rudy Project Wing helmet. Gearing is 54 front with a 11/25 on the back.
6. Felt decently good and was right in my goal of being anywhere between a 260-280 average.

Ironman Sacramento

1. 225 avg 230 NP
2. 24.2 (time of 4:37:35)
3. 111.9 miles
4. 5’9” 158 pounds
5. Felt IA10, HED Jet 9+ and Disc both set up tubeless with Continental 5000 S TR on the front and TT TDF on the back. Wynn republic trisuit with the new Rudy Project Wing helmet. Gearing is 54 front with a 11/25 on the back.
6. Didn’t really want to push the all that hard as this was only my second full Ironman and the first didn’t go so well at Couer d’Alene 2 years ago in the heat.

Picture is from Santa Cruz
Last edited by: TriEnduro: Oct 24, 23 19:41
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [TriEnduro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM California 140.6
1) 212 AP / 213 NP
2) 23.3 mph (4:50:57 Official Split)
3) 111.9 miles
4) 6'0" 155 lbs
5) Specialized Shiv Disc Tri with yoeleo 60/88mm wheels. Michelin Power Cup clincher tires w/ silca latex tubes at 90psi. Jakroo tri suit and giro aerohead. P2Max Eco crank pm w/ absolute black oval 53/39.
6) Fast course, super flat. 75% good roads, 25% trash roads. Headwind out, tailwind back and with some crosswind sections when it turned for a bit. First IM so originally was targeting 205w NP but think I could have actually been okay at like 220w NP. Either way, pleased with it. Had trouble peeing on the bike (slowed down some dealing with that) and eventually stopped for 2min that screwed up my split a bit lol.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Last edited by: theyellowcarguy: Oct 24, 23 13:36
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [theyellowcarguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM California 140.6
1) 245 AP / 249 NP
2) 25.6 mph (4:22:37 Official Split, fastest bike of the day)
3) 112 miles
4) 5'11", 165lbs
5) Canyon Speedmax CF SLX 8.0, Roval 321 Disc Rear + Zipp 808 Front
6) Flat & fast course, roads mostly straight & good surface other than a few miles on each of the two laps. Wind picked up a bit on the second lap, but otherwise conditions were great. First go at the full distance, excited to get the fastest split of the day and not totally blow up on the run, though my legs did start to cramp a bit at mile 90 and took the power down for the last 20 miles. Was also the first time really holding aero for >2.5 hours, super comfortable in the position and looking for ways to push the CdA further!

https://www.strava.com/athletes/48564682
https://www.instagram.com/leemount96/
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [leemount96] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats to the other IM California guys. Especially Lee with that fastest split!

Interesting to see all our rides in comparison:
213w NP @ 23.3mph
230w NP @ 24.2mph
249w NP @ 25.6mph

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply

Prev Next