Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ftp calculator by distance and average? pace calculation shoes vs no shoes?
Quote | Reply
so with out the stories, i did a bike ride 18mi @ 244 average on open roads. googled for a way to calculate ftp base don this, no luck... anyone have a calculator? i wasnt in pain as i went on to do a brick run after with no shoes (sherpa fail) at 7:27 pace for 10k distance on asphalt, tearing up my feet. So im also wondering what is typical pace gain with shoes ?. i went through this workout because it was supposed to be my bench mark workout for my upcoming race
Quote Reply
Re: ftp calculator by distance and average? pace calculation shoes vs no shoes? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
i did a bike ride 18mi @ 244 average on open roads. googled for a way to calculate ftp base don this, no luck
Sorry, no good way to extrapolate based on 18 miles without time. Now extend that ride to 25 miles or 40 km and we might have something.
Quote Reply
Re: ftp calculator by distance and average? pace calculation shoes vs no shoes? [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RichardL wrote:
synthetic wrote:
i did a bike ride 18mi @ 244 average on open roads. googled for a way to calculate ftp base don this, no luck

Sorry, no good way to extrapolate based on 18 miles without time. Now extend that ride to 25 miles or 40 km and we might have something.

i would be seriously shocked if there is nothing out there with all the maths done for power meters and ftp not to have something like this. even runners have jack daniels formulas , etc.
Quote Reply
Re: ftp calculator by distance and average? pace calculation shoes vs no shoes? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok its monday and ST folk post most during weekdays... giving a bump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
ok its monday and ST folk post most during weekdays... giving a bump.

What was the duration of the 18 mile segment and did you go all out? Based on the limited information my WAG is 97% of 244w or ~237watts.
If you didn't go all out then all bets are off.

YMMV,

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Download a free version of wko4 and upload all your workouts there.

There is a measured FTP that it will calculate.

blog
Quote Reply