Quantcast
    MAIN INDEX RULES & LEGEND LOG IN  

Slowtwitch Forums: Triathlon Forum:
free accelerade and endurox

taku

Mar 29, 03 12:09

Post #1 of 12 (1620 views)
free accelerade and endurox Quote | Reply

I got some free packages of endurok and acclerade with a magazine subscription... I think they taste like ass. If anyone wants them I have 2 of each left I think... maybe we can swap for a packet of gu or something. I really don't care but feel bad throwing them out

Triman

Mar 29, 03 12:40

Post #2 of 12 (1604 views)
Re: free accelerade and endurox [taku] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Dude,

Way to bring me down. Just bought a huge tub of endurox and accelerade online. Hope I didn't order the ass flavor!!!! Now I guess I know why it was onsale!!! Oh well, I'll just have to throw in some gatorade to cut the flavor.

taku

Mar 29, 03 12:42

Post #3 of 12 (1600 views)
Re: free accelerade and endurox [Triman] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Hey some people really like the stuff I just think it tastes like melted sherbert... and no I don't actually know what ass tastes like but I can imagine

sea2river

Mar 29, 03 13:46

Post #4 of 12 (1568 views)

In my opinion, Endurox R4 is best when used as part of a smoothie, such as: 18 ounces of water, two scoops of R4, banana, 3/4 cup of frozen blueberries in a blender. Delicious. I add some protein powder as well but it is not needed to enhance the smoothie's taste.
Bob Williams

John Thomason

Mar 29, 03 16:19

Post #5 of 12 (1525 views)

I am not really sure what ass tastes like, but I have had plenty of Endurox and Accerlade. I admit the first time I tasted Endurox I thought it was strange. However, once I "acquired" the taste after about 1/2 container, my body started to crave the stuff. During long training sessions I actually think about my post training Endurox. Personally, I think the orange flavor is best. As for the taste of ass I will leave that to you.

John Thomason

JohnA

Mar 29, 03 17:27

Post #6 of 12 (1501 views)

Is it Lemon-Lime Ass, Orange Ass or Fruit Punch Ass?

My preferred flavor is the Lemon-Lime Ass. I have a couple Lemon Ass flavored power bars that I can offer in trade.

John

NJbiker

Mar 29, 03 17:28

Post #7 of 12 (1501 views)

I just tried Endurox for the first time today after my long ride. I got the small size because I had head that it isn't the best tasting stuff, lemon-lime because I like that flavor gatorade. Not the best tasting or smelling but not horrible. I think that it smells worse then it tastes but I made it through the full glass with no problems.
It is very hard to mix, I don't think that you could do it with a spoon, I had to use a submersion blender/mixer to get all of the power dissolved.

A

taku

Mar 29, 03 17:34

Post #8 of 12 (1497 views)
Re: free accelerade and endurox [JohnA] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

the accelerade is fruitpunch (i think) and the endurox is lemon lime but I have to check when I get home... do you have anything besides lemon? either way tell me if you want both or just the lemon lime I think I have 2 packets of each.. again have to check though.

jkatsoudas

Mar 29, 03 20:02

Post #9 of 12 (1467 views)

I've been using Endurox for a while (orange flavor) and just started using Accelerade as well (also orange). I sorta like the stuff- especially the Endurox. I also recently received the same sample packs, and was horrified at how bad the other flavors tasted to me. I almost puked up the fruit punch one.
---------------------------------------------------------

taku

Mar 29, 03 20:08

Post #10 of 12 (1464 views)
Re: free accelerade and endurox [jkatsoudas] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

just out of curiosity... why did you buy more if you almost puked it up once... I usually try to avoid stuff I puke up

(just teasing)

jkatsoudas

Mar 29, 03 20:18

Post #11 of 12 (1463 views)

I almost puked the punch flavor that came in the sample pack. This was after I'd already been using (and liking) the orange flavor Endurox and Accelerade. I just happened to run out of my normal stuff one day so I busted out the sample pack. BAD MOVE! I can guarantee you I'll definitely be avoiding that flavor :-)
---------------------------------------------------------

rferron

Mar 31, 03 6:37

Post #12 of 12 (1353 views)

I've been using endurox for more than a month and it's just great(First time I really feel a drink doing me some good)! As for the taste, I first bought the fruit Punch which I found really good(with not too much water) and since they ran out of it, I had to buy the orange flavor next. At first I did'nt like this one much but I got used to it and now find it good.

Richard

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever" - Larry Andersen

Ironman prize money
In the wake of the infamous 7th place prize money bonus at IMLP, where do you stand on Ironman's prize money? Is Ironman a penny pincher? Is the lack of a pro outcry the pros' own fault? Or is there no problem and the money is correct now?
Ironman should up prize money
Pros at fault for their timidity
The money is appropriate now