Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

eliptical trainers.
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts on the benificial effects/results of an elipitical trainer vs. treadmill. I have a sore foot from a non running injury (cut) and I want to keep my hours/miles up during the recovery. Running causes occational pain but the eliptical trainer seems not to bother the cut.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: eliptical trainers. [tristeve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You will not get quite the same benefit and you will be using different musche recruitment. However, your ticker and lungs circ sys etc will not know the difference. From being in the fitness industry "they" say that the Elliptical is the closest thing to running. I do not know I I buy all that but it can definitely get you through your stretch you need. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: eliptical trainers. [tristeve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While recovering from a recent knee injury I switched to an eliptical machine in place of running workouts. I've never been fast on the run but I can tell you that my experience was that I came out of the injury no slower. I don't think I lost any run endurance although my first few times back on the road did seem to work some muscles that hadn't been worked in a while.

If it only take a week or so for the cut to heal I'll bet you feel no difference at all. I was on the eliptical for about two months.

matt

"When I cleaned up my diction, I had nothing left to say" -- Van Morrison
Quote Reply