Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

eagleman / half-iron training plans
Quote | Reply
im doing eagleman this year as part of my preparation for im florida. last year i did my first half-iron distance tri in 5:12. i made up my own training plan for it and followed it to a T. i was pretty happy with my results.... but, this year i'd like to go sub 4:50.

i had never done a 56 mile bike or a 13.1 mile run before this half iron distance race.

i'm trying to make up a plan for eagleman and i'm thinking of upping my bike mileage considerably and upping my run by about 15-20 miles (at its height). but, i don't want to do too much too fast as this would probably affect im florida.

i was looking for training plans online but i haven't been able to find much. anyone know of any sites that i should check out? i'm just looking for some guidelines... i would end up making my own plan.

thanks for your thoughts everyone...
Quote Reply
Re: eagleman / half-iron training plans [thisbetc621] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eagleman is my first A race for the beginning of next season. Basically, I started structured training for this november 25th. I am currently in my 3rd week of base. My coach has me on a 16 week base plan, 8 weeks of build and 4 speed/peak weeks.

To give you an idea,this morning I completed a 40 minute run keeping HR controlled in a moderate aerobic zone. I am 28 so this means my HR stayed between 135-145. NO HIGHER. I inserted 6x45 second builds. Then in the afternoon, I completed 2000 yards in the pool. Most of the stuff is broken sets and stroke drills. I will build my exercise duration by about 5% each week and every 4th week of my training blocks will be reduced by about 30% for recovery. Then I start another block.

A typicall week for me consists of 3 trainer sessions, 3 runs and 3 swims. Then the weekend is the long stuff. Usually a low intensity brick every other weekend.

Other than that, just keep consistent and chip away.

Good luck..
Quote Reply
Re: eagleman / half-iron training plans [thisbetc621] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm doing Eagleman and IM Florida too. Hoping for 5.5 at Eagleman.

http://www.trinewbies.com/ has some training plans for a half but maybe you should think about getting a coach to cater to your individual needs. The coach will ramp up your milage so you don't overtrain.

Just my thoughts

jaretj

(((((This message in Stereo where available)))))
Quote Reply
Re: eagleman / half-iron training plans [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, i'd like to get a coach... but, truth be told... i can't afford one. i'm pretty much broke and any "extra" money i get goes toward race entry fees. i've done my own planning for every race i've done and so far i think i've done pretty well... i figure if i read the right plans, get the right suggestions, do my homework, and do the workouts religiously.... i should do fine.

i did check out those plans you linked too and i'll probably take some hints from them... they looked pretty solid. thanks for the tips.
Quote Reply