Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

create workouts for garmin
Quote | Reply
sometimes i like to create these complicated workouts and download them to my garmin watch. The new workout creator in Connect is kind of awful, is there an alternative that works better? Are these workouts saved as a text file on my workstation somewhere in a format I could just use an editor to change?
Quote Reply
Re: create workouts for garmin [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still use the old Garmin Training Center for this very reason. Not sure why Garmin felt the need to replace it with something with less functionality.
Last edited by: mhepp: Feb 10, 16 5:35
Quote Reply
Re: create workouts for garmin [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jroden wrote:
sometimes i like to create these complicated workouts and download them to my garmin watch. The new workout creator in Connect is kind of awful, is there an alternative that works better? Are these workouts saved as a text file on my workstation somewhere in a format I could just use an editor to change?

Even after I get structured workouts onto my garmin, I've found it to be next to useless. If I'm doing a workout based on specific heart rate zones I constantly get alerts that I'm in the wrong zone when that is not true.
Quote Reply
Re: create workouts for garmin [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never set the HR zones or paces. I basically use the garmin workouts to do the timing for me.

jaretj
Quote Reply