Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

china wheels
Quote | Reply
think i'm gonna buy a set to do my training on. i've searched and there are a ton of pages, who do you recommend buying them off.
Quote Reply
Re: china wheels [goldie lox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: china wheels [-Mike-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what about carbonzone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems to be good reviews out there and quite a few discussions which is good. If you look at the weight weenies forum there is a wheel forum with several good discussions of different companies and the quality of their products. Also i forgot to mention planet x which also has good quality products with a bit more quality control on their end and guaranteed replacement if there is an issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what about yoeleobike.com?

they have a lot of videos on youtube presenting their products. their site looks pretty straight forward
Quote Reply
Re: china wheels [illskittlz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep that is another one i know is legit as well from forum discussions, just forgot about that one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
goldie lox wrote:
think i'm gonna buy a set to do my training on. i've searched and there are a ton of pages, who do you recommend buying them off.

I recommend Farsport. I've had two sets. With the most recent being the 2014 38mm U shaped wheel. I opted for the bitex came to 1310grams. They are solid stiff and retain, it seems to me, just as much speed as my sram s40 and is stiffer than my zipp 101. Braking is good but not as good as alum, but very good non the less. They have great service and extremely quick shipping for china.

Check out weightweenies. Lots more there. Btw...same wheels as mine but get the edhub...1240 grams. Pretty crazy for the price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple of riders here on Planet X frames have been very happy. Not sure about the wheels though, no one I know has them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have light-bicycle U45s and their 27mm wide 90mm carbon clinchers. Fantastic rims for the money. I use hubs from bikehubstore.com and sapim laser spokes. They come in a little lighter than the comparable zipps (which I do, or have owned recently). I can't tell a different in my field testing between the low cost and top of the line wheels other than braking. The SwissStop Black Prince pad bridges most of this gap though.
Quote Reply
Re: china wheels [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Orbilius wrote:
I have light-bicycle U45s and their 27mm wide 90mm carbon clinchers. Fantastic rims for the money. I use hubs from bikehubstore.com and sapim laser spokes. They come in a little lighter than the comparable zipps (which I do, or have owned recently). I can't tell a different in my field testing between the low cost and top of the line wheels other than braking. The SwissStop Black Prince pad bridges most of this gap though.

you said 90mm. i didnt see them only see the 88 .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did say 90. Light-bicycle makes a 90mm wide carbon clincher but it isn't listed on their site.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the LB45s and they are great. I have been rocking them at spring road races, and have zero complaints. I am the pseudo-sprinter for our masters squad, and they take my meager wattage without any drama. According to my calipers they are extremely similar to the FC shape of the 303 in 45mm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great product and prices from this guy: http://stores.ebay.com/carbonspeedcycle
Quote Reply
Re: china wheels [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sailnfast wrote:
Great product and prices from this guy: http://stores.ebay.com/carbonspeedcycle

I've bought from him too, I was happy with the transaction and product.

If I knew someone looking for wheels now I would seriously look at this product:

http://www.ebay.com/...?hash=item4d25cdd7c2

60mm clinchers with aluminum brake surface
Edit: I do see them cheaper from other sellers though.
Last edited by: jaretj: Oct 9, 15 3:13
Quote Reply
Re: china wheels [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last month's Tour magazine is the first wind tunnel comparison I know of that looks at Chinese rims (built up by German builders) vs established brands like a Zipp 808. It was a test on a bike. I recommend subscribing to Tour via their app to read it, but the bottom line is that the 808 really only outperformed the Chinese wheels beyond 15 degrees of Yaw. Otherwise it was less than a watt.

This makes me a bit skeptical of the NSW 808's claimed 4 watt improvement.
Quote Reply