Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

cervelo 2014 P3 (white and black) vs. 2015 P3 (gray), Magura brakes
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if there are any differences between the 2014 P3 frameset (white with black and red lettering) and the 2015 P3 (gray, with white bottom)? Is it the same carbon layup? I could swear the 2015 felt heavier, but the components on the bike I looked at weren't comparable to the 2014 I looked at. I can't find frameset weights anywhere.

Also, what has experience with the Magura brakes been?

Thanks.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: Feb 9, 16 17:48
Quote Reply
Re: Framesets: 2014 P3 (white and black) vs. 2015 P3 (gray), Magura brakes [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm fairly certain that they are essentially the same.

I've got the Magura's on my 2014 and like them.
Quote Reply
Re: Framesets: 2014 P3 (white and black) vs. 2015 P3 (gray), Magura brakes [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Anybody else?

Quote Reply
Re: cervelo 2014 P3 (white and black) vs. 2015 P3 (gray), Magura brakes [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was looking at the same two options and went with the 2014 with Magura brakes. Frames are identical other than color. Purchased the bike 2 months ago so my exposure is limited. Really like the Magura brakes for the stopping power, accentuation and prefer center pull. Long term hoping I do not have fluid issues but time will tell.

Good Luck,
GS
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo 2014 P3 (white and black) vs. 2015 P3 (gray), Magura brakes [rockfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rockfish wrote:
Long term hoping I do not have fluid issues but time will tell.

Ooohhh eeerrrr........

http://mobile.twitter.com/BLambTriathlete
Athlete of the Week
Meet the Team
Headwear
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo 2014 P3 (white and black) vs. 2015 P3 (gray), Magura brakes [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SurfingLamb wrote:
rockfish wrote:
Long term hoping I do not have fluid issues but time will tell.

Ooohhh eeerrrr........

Could you elaborate on that comment?

Quote Reply
Re: cervelo 2014 P3 (white and black) vs. 2015 P3 (gray), Magura brakes [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After two seasons on my P5 with Magura brakes: brakes are smooth, awesome stopping ability, but a pain in the arse for anyone that has training/racing wheels of various rim width. Quite often the screw adjustment is not enough - which means swapping wheels in/out is a total pain, unless you're mechanically inclined to service hydraulic brakes....This year I have opted for TRI-RIG brakes - while maybe not as good functionally, I believe they are more aero, lighter, more aesthetically-pleasing, and more importantly, easier to swap different wheels in/out so I can self-service
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gray is a faster colour.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Feb 10, 16 11:43
Quote Reply
Re: cervelo 2014 P3 (white and black) vs. 2015 P3 (gray), Magura brakes [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it has been scientifically proven that black is fastest, but that's not an option. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't comment on the 2015 P3, but I love the Magura brakes on my 2014, lots of stopping power... I have no issue swapping wheelsets on mine, but I do need to open up the adjustment screw to allow for wider wheels.

I believe from looking at the Cevelo website the 3T aero bars are different now... there could be a difference in weight there?

PB
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going to be posting my 2014 P3 Dura Ace size 54 up for sale shortly. Message me if you're interested.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply