Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

can you get speed data from a g3 PT while indoors on trainer
Quote | Reply
My head unit is the 910xt. While on the trainer, well I get speed, distance data from the pt?
Quote Reply
Re: can you get speed data from a g3 PT while indoors on trainer [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure you can. Just set the wheel size to manual and enter its circumference in milimeters. This is more accurate than GPS speed/distance anyway.

Go to page 19 on this PDF to learn how to do it: http://static.garmincdn.com/...nner_910XT_OM_EN.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: can you get speed data from a g3 PT while indoors on trainer [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure about a g3 but my powertap SL+ does...

Joel
Quote Reply
Re: can you get speed data from a g3 PT while indoors on trainer [joelt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a G3 and a G3C - both do it perfectly.
Quote Reply
Re: can you get speed data from a g3 PT while indoors on trainer [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't even need the speed magnet and sensor since the G3 knows exactly when the wheel has rotated one revolution.
Quote Reply
Re: can you get speed data from a g3 PT while indoors on trainer [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes cool. But it can't do cadence right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
avikoren1 wrote:

It does cadence too. I found it tends to be a few RPM lower that the Garmin cadence sensor but accurate enough.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
avikoren1 wrote:

It does cadence, some people it will be pretty spot on almost all the time. But it can be completely wrong if you pedal smooth sometimes....at least with the G2 it would be for me.

I haven't actually checked that with the G3. It could be smarter!

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: can you get speed data from a g3 PT while indoors on trainer [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
avikoren1 wrote:

It does cadence too. I found it tends to be a few RPM lower that the Garmin cadence sensor but accurate enough.

yup, it reads the pulses in the power to estimate the cadence, not a perfect read, but close enough.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Adam Savage
Quote Reply
Re: can you get speed data from a g3 PT while indoors on trainer [slidecontrol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me, cadence guestimate from the PT was unreliable, so I use Garmin wireless, magnet-less cadence sensor:

No more magnet to worry about.
Quote Reply