Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

calling out a vendor on ST?
Quote | Reply
At what point is it acceptable (or "not unacceptable") to call out a vendor in the forum? Person/company XXXX committed to a few things as part of a fee-for-service back in January, and I'm now about ten emails / voicemails chasing these down, with no responses.

While I know the "trial by internet" is frowned on (but not outright forbidden) here, I'm also getting really desperate for the items, and have exhausted the avenues I can think of to get satisfaction. (Unfortunately, the "stop payment" period with my cc has passed).

(Obviously, I'm biased and looking for replies to support calling them out, but I'm also curious about when it is and isn't acceptable, generally).
Quote Reply
Re: calling out a vendor on ST? [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would avoid calling out any vendor unless you feel that the below are all true:
a) Your issue with them is unresolvable (i.e. calling them out can't make things worse for you)
b) You feel that they will treat other customers as poorly.
c) You feel that, objectively, it is in other people's best interests to stay away from that person/company.

It's a tough situation.
I'd feel much better about calling out a massive company such as Wiggle or Chain Reaction Cycles, than I would my local independent store.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Dan has said before that if you contact someone on ST staff that they often have some contacts/connections that they can leverage to help people out before they publicly blast the company.

Just a thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would email or pm dan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sent you a message.
Maybe I can help sort this out.
KS

Karen ST Concierge