Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

blisters healing
Quote | Reply
when I run I am lucky enough not to feel blisters
whatsoever. Trouble is when I finish training.
for regular blisters, compeed does the trick.

However, as the area here is very hilly, I tend to often have blisters between the toe and the toenail. These hurt big time after training...today after my long run , I have one between the big toe and the toe nail...I can't shorten the nail enough to reach it....

any idea on how to heal this or a way to get rid of it?
(something that does not involve drilling through the nail or cutting the toe :-)
Quote Reply
Re: blisters healing [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
at front of toe, is that what you're saying?

Shoes for trails probably need to be a little bigger so that your toes dont hit the front on down hills.
Quote Reply
Re: blisters healing [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually I was running on the road today with training shoes not trail shoes.
the blister is midway under the nail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
super glue and duct tape. we did it all the time. a few drops of super glue on the blister rap in duct tape and you have armed blister protection.

i can hear the no's being shouted across the world but it worked. got me through a lot of endless marchess.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: blisters healing [ultra-poser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually cyanoacrylate (sp?) super glues are used by climbers and guitarists, they are absolutely bomb proof when cured.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gee! you gotta be some tough bast...!!! (said in the aussie way...nothing insulting there...)
blister itself is ok. problem is the pressure of the toe nail on the blister that hurts the toe...glue won't help...

oh, UP for info, you can now leave glue and tape, and use compeed (generally more accepted than glue and tape among triathletes, even though in the army, they may think you're a wuss to use compeed :-)

btw, they cancelled the bathan death march in White Sands this year due to the war (no docs. available for the race)
Quote Reply
Re: blisters healing [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks Andrew...I am sure cyanoacrylate is indeed something Jimi hendrix used sometimes.. :-)
purple haze are in my eyes, don't know if I'm going up or down...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no, compeed rocks! it just gets sherred after a few days.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so that's one thing we agree on...
I am off to bed now. need to rest and no sleeping disorder for me (unless getting in bed and falling asleep in 1' is one :-) )
but tomorrow I expect you to come up with a reasonable explaination as to why compact geo. sucks... (don't like the look of it is NOT a reasonable explaination...not for me anyway)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have this problem all the time, just removed a big toe nail yesterday. Get a medical syringe and fill it up with hydrogen peroxide. You can slide the syringe under your toe nail to puncture the blister, eliminating the pressure. Then slowly squeeze the syringe to inject the hydrogen peroxide into the area, to disinfect the area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It sounds like you don't have a blister problem, you have a problem with your toenail seperating from your toe and fluid collecting there. I had this happen to both big toes, and the 2nd toe on my right foot at IMMOO. My shoes were just a touch too small, especially for the hills.

Mine got very bad, and very painfull, and I ended up using a pin to go under the nail to drain them. I know it sounds like Iraqi torture methods but it worked. Of course I lost all 3 toe nails, and they are only now, just about grown back.

If your 'blister' is small and right in the middle of the toe nail, far away from the end. You may have to go through the nail. I have never had to do it that way, but I know people who have. Heatup a pin or needle and just puncture the nail.

Check your shoes. If your toes are hitting the end, even a little, and only on downhills, the repeated tug on the nail will cause the 'blisters.'
Quote Reply