Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bikes with 650c wheels
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'3" and was fitted to a size 48 bike with 700c wheels. Lately I've been thinking about an XS bike with 650c wheels. side from the 650c wheels are other components (aero bar, shifters, BB,saddle,stem, brake levers and calipers) proportionally smaller as well or are they same size as the components for bikes with 700c? I'm trying to determine the feasibility of upgrading and how hard would they be to find for XS frames.
Quote Reply
Re: bikes with 650c wheels [petshopboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everything on my 650c Cervelo triathlon bike is smaller and lighter than on my 700c Trek road bike. I hate the fit of the road bike compared to the triathlon bike.

Let me put it this way; would you buy size 9 running shoes because they are the popular size when you need a size 7? Get what fits; you won't regret it.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only thing that you'll get smaller on a 650c bike is the wheels, everything else comes standard size. If it's the better fit for you though, go for it.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All the other components should be chosen to suit you.
You probably need cranks less than 165mm long, which then means you need different gearing to maintain cadence
Aerobars should be sized to your arms, saddle to your backside.

It takes a little bit of effort to build a bike properly for a rider your size, but it's worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 650c tri bike has 165 cranks. Totally agree with Sally... I feel my tri bike fits me much better than my 700 road bike (though I've had to put more miles on the latter lately, since I'm training for draft-legal sprint). Buy what fits.
Quote Reply