Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bethel island tri
Quote | Reply
Did anyone do the Bethel Island tri? I think the swim was short and so was the bike...how hard is it for race directors to measure the correct distance!
Quote Reply
Re: bethel island tri [Greyhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I really enjoy the events put on by these guys I think they must be using an uncalibrated measuring device for all their bike courses. Generally speaking in the 3 years I've been doing their events, I've found that their actual distances are usually 10+% less than listed distance. Good for the ego though ;).

OT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would this have happened if they were USAT sanctioned?

(I think I know the answer already...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the race as well. The swim was a joke. It was WAY short. My time was 13:39 and I usually do a 1.5KM tri swim in 22-23 minutes. Not only was it short it was poorly set up. They should have put another buoy at the end to create some separation between the "incoming" and "outgoing" groups of swimmers. Some lady almost crashed into me then yelled at me for being in her spot (I was nearly in the marina). Although I generally give some slack to races that are solely non-profit (and this one was and had a very low cost entry fee), how hard is it to simply measure the course. I took one look at the swim course and knew it was short.

As for the bike, it was short as well. My computer had it at about 22 or 23 miles. I probably won't do the race again. The bike course was like a spider web or a map of Paris. I realize it is a small island and they have to be creative but geez.....
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]