Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

best position/watt determination
Quote | Reply
I want to try an experiment to determine best seat angle for me. Currently on 78 degree Litespeed Saber. How does this sound. On a trainer, warm-up then ride 10 min and record my watt average. Move seat back about a degree or more and repeat till I get my seat at around 74/5 degrees. After getting the "best" angle, hit the road for a few weeks and see the results. I have a Powertap to get my numbers.

How does this sound? Anyone know of another way to test?
Quote Reply
Re: best position/watt determination [Navi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have an adjustable stem to allow you to move it along with your saddle?

You may want to take more time at each positionm, including warmup. It may take a while, but just schedule a weekly TT for yourself. Make the adjustment. Train on it for a week. Warmup and do your TT. Make your changes for the next week. This will allow your body to adapt (somewhat) to each position.
Quote Reply
Re: best position/watt determination [Navi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Life is not that simple. This doesn't take aerodynamics or the adaptation period to the position into account. With a 10 minute test, it doesn't take comfort into account either.

I don't think there are any simple experiments that will work well. It is best to get the knowledge about fit and your body type from this site to get close, then make small changes from there over time.

There is a great thread here that mentions that old, flabby blobs like me need steep seat angles. They have me pegged. No experiments needed.
Quote Reply