Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

best BTA bottle cage
Quote | Reply
Subject line says it all... I've tried a couple, though each had its flaws. Mostly they were designed for frame or rear carrier use. I'd like something that's tight enough that I don't need to keep it from sliding forward, but something that allows me to grab it while in the aero position.
Quote Reply
Re: best BTA bottle cage [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had some problems with previous bottle cages and the bottle sliding out and ejecting between the aero bars. I have the bottle facing towards me instead of exiting to the front so that could be a problem as well. I received some Arundel cages to test out and I put the Mandible between the aero bars in the same position as the previous cage and WOW, the bottle is not going anywhere now. The mandible is a little on the high side in terms of price but if you are having problems with ejecting bottles or the bottle sliding back, the mandible would be the solution in my opinion.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a Specialized Rib Cage. No ejection issues. Tried it behind the seat and didn't like it, but great cage for BTA.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try this. http://alden-designs.com/...-computer-mount.html

Been using it for the last several months and it has been fantastic. No issues with sliding, movement, vibration, etc...and it is really easy to grab while in aero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought the Profile Design HC mount (just two metal bars with zip ties) with a Profile Design Kage last week and took it for a 70 mile ride and had no issues. It did slip forward a little on severely bumpy roads but I'm not sure that any bottle cage would have kept my bottle in. I like the versatility of the HC mount because I actually have the mounts sitting below my aero bars which puts the bottle a little lower. The combination is also very cost effective.
Quote Reply
Re: best BTA bottle cage [sthamlin14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sthamlin14 wrote:
I just bought the Profile Design HC mount (just two metal bars with zip ties) with a Profile Design Kage last week and took it for a 70 mile ride and had no issues. It did slip forward a little on severely bumpy roads but I'm not sure that any bottle cage would have kept my bottle in. I like the versatility of the HC mount because I actually have the mounts sitting below my aero bars which puts the bottle a little lower. The combination is also very cost effective.

I have this but use the cage that came with it zip tied to the seat for my BTS option. That is a good cage, not much is gonna come out of that.
Quote Reply
Re: best BTA bottle cage [Yosa125] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks ideal. Couple questions:
1.) Do you feel that your garmin head unit is far enough forward to not have to strain to look at when aero ?
2.) Where can I get one ?
Thanks,
RG
Quote Reply
Re: best BTA bottle cage [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a bont cage and changed to the specialized rib cage and its been perfect. However I did crack the end wrenching it down with zip ties but it still functions fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't be happier with my basic Bontrager cage. It's the perfect balance of security and accessibility for a BTA setup. But I don't think it holds a bottle firmly enough to use on the frame or especially behind the saddle.

I used four small zip ties to mount it. They don't interfere with the bottle at all.

CodyBeals.com | Instagram | TikTok
ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) for me it's perfect. Can I see the garmin clearly without looking slightly down? No, but I don't have to move my head at all to see it and I never feel like I'm straining in the process. There is some forward/aft adjustment in the design which will alloy you to play with the exact location of the head unit.

2) I just sent him an e-mail (glen@alden-designs.com) and asked a few questions and then sent payment via paypal.
Quote Reply
Re: best BTA bottle cage [Yosa125] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, going to give it a shot.
Quote Reply
Re: best BTA bottle cage [Exige] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Using the rib cage now myself, but I like the integrated computer option.
Quote Reply
Re: best BTA bottle cage [Cody Beals] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rigged up one of those for Mrs Mcawesome and I'm jealous. But not jealous enough to buy a new cage.

Holds a bottle, right? Check. Don't over-think it.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: best BTA bottle cage [Cody Beals] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cody Beals wrote:
I couldn't be happier with my basic Bontrager cage. It's the perfect balance of security and accessibility for a BTA setup. But I don't think it holds a bottle firmly enough to use on the frame or especially behind the saddle.

I used four small zip ties to mount it. They don't interfere with the bottle at all.

x2 this one...exactly what we have on my wife's ride. Her's is a little further up, but basically the same.

Quote | Reply
Bontragger Bat Cage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rmg wrote:
Looks ideal. Couple questions:
1.) Do you feel that your garmin head unit is far enough forward to not have to strain to look at when aero ?
2.) Where can I get one ?
Thanks,
RG

I have the glen Alden mount too, you can reverse it so that the Garmin mount is out front and you take the bottle out toward you. Works great, especially with shallow ski bends - garmin hides right behind my hands.
Quote Reply