Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

behind the seat repair kit and water bottle options advice needed
Quote | Reply
I usually do OLY distances without a repair kit but am doing my first half and full in a couple months. Looking for some advice on behind the seat options for another water bottle and repair kit holder like the Xlab Mezzo Cage Pod....anyone have experience using? I also remember seeing another option (I think a new product that I saw in a recent magazine) that was a two cage holder behind the seat.....one cage for the repair kit and the other cage for a spare water bottle. Anyone know of who makes that? Appreciate any suggestions and options.
Last edited by: gphin305: May 26, 15 9:07
Quote Reply
Re: behind the seat repair kit and water bottle options advice needed [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
I usually do OLY distances without a repair kit but am doing my first half and full in a couple months. Looking for some advice on behind the seat options for another water bottle and repair kit holder like the Xlab Mezzo Cage Pod....anyone have experience using? I also remember seeing another option (I think a new product that I saw in a recent magazine) that was a two cage holder behind the seat.....one cage for the repair kit and the other cage for a spare water bottle. Anyone know of who makes that? Appreciate any suggestions and options.

Profile bottle on the bars, one bottle on the seat tube and a cage behind the seat with repair can (half bottle with tube and c02). I just ziptied a specialized rib cage to my seat post. Snug and out of the wind.
Quote Reply
Re: behind the seat repair kit and water bottle options advice needed [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xlab makes two-cage holders, too. I used to ride with one, it was solid and dependable with their Gorilla cages.

These days I ditched the two-bottle system. I race with one cage ziptied behind the saddle and one between my arms. The repair kit is minimal - one tube, levers, CO2+chuck. For Oly, I stuff those into my bento and rely on liquid nutrition. For longer events where I need the bento for food, I tape them under my saddle (I'd race Oly like this too, but I can't be arsed to do that too often).

I still keep the two-bottle holder around the house for long sessions without refueling opportunities.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: behind the seat repair kit and water bottle options advice needed [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessartype wrote:
Xlab makes two-cage holders, too. I used to ride with one, it was solid and dependable with their Gorilla cages.

These days I ditched the two-bottle system. I race with one cage ziptied behind the saddle and one between my arms. The repair kit is minimal - one tube, levers, CO2+chuck. For Oly, I stuff those into my bento and rely on liquid nutrition. For longer events where I need the bento for food, I tape them under my saddle (I'd race Oly like this too, but I can't be arsed to do that too often).

I still keep the two-bottle holder around the house for long sessions without refueling opportunities.

Thanks. I plan on keeping my current Profile Design between the arms/bars bottle but saw something recently that looked like a good setup. A behind the seat dual holder that included a water bottle type holder for a repair kit and another water bottle holder. Wiped out the history on my computer and now can't find/remember what is was. Think a relatively new product.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a look on the Xlab site, they have tons of options. Basically every company has some form of behind-the-seat dual holder: Elite, PRO, Bontrager, Beaker, Profile Design, Tacx etc. They vary in quality and attachment mechanisms.

A good cage is critical. Xlab Gorillas are the gold standard, I think. Then, just get any tool-bottle - I have one that I received as a goodie from Skinfit ages ago.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We do offer a few models that are dual carriers where you can put your water bottle in one cage and have a pod in the other. I'd recommend the Turbo Wing as you don't need the integrated storage compartment of the higher-end models.

If you wanted a more simple setup you can have a single system (our Delta series) and combine that with either the Multi-Strike Repair Holder (fits between the cage & Delta mount) or our new Aero Pouch repair bag (wraps around the cage. Compatible with our metal carriers only).

Happy to answer any questions you may have on these products!

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can use a mezzo pod, or just use an old water bottle (see below). Either way, this is a great setup, because it moves easily between bikes and is waterproof. It also goes easily in a jersey pocket.

A good setup for HIM is a BTA system and dual carriers behind the seat (one for a bottle w/calories [the water is BTA], and one for the flat kit). Personally, I tape the flat kit bottle into the cage just to be ultra sure it won't launch.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For years my wife just used a normal water bottle - but recently she bought the Hammer KEG - it is shorter than a normal bottle so does not have the kink in the neck - and comes with a really cool cloth thingie for holding all the contents - I think it was only about $10.00 Hope this helps

No Affiliation to Hammer as all my clients use Infinit!!! :-)

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Re: behind the seat repair kit and water bottle options advice needed [feman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I copied someone on here who had an xlab single cafe for liquids, then put a bento box down the back side of the seat post for repair kit.
Quote Reply
Re: behind the seat repair kit and water bottle options advice needed [feman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Hammer Keg is actually the Specialized Keg http://www.specialized.com/...e-vessel-w-tool-wrap

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: behind the seat repair kit and water bottle options advice needed [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Candice,

I stumbled across the Aero Pouch 300 and am curious if it would work with the Sitero saddle and it's bottle holder attachment? All the commentary I can find mentions which X Lab products it is compatible with but I really prefer the Sitero bottle set-up.

Thanks for any input you can provide!

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."
Quote Reply
Re: behind the seat repair kit and water bottle options advice needed [rss31778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Good question! Unfortunately I don't know off the top of my head. I will email my engineering team and see if they can test the setup and let you know tomorrow. I will be going out of the country for a few days, so Damon will be handling questions while I am gone (screen name XLAB Hydration)

Candice Turner
CEO
Quote Reply
Re: behind the seat repair kit and water bottle options advice needed [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds perfect, thank you for the quick response and follow-up!!

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday."
Quote Reply
Re: behind the seat repair kit and water bottle options advice needed [rss31778] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regarding the Aero Pouch 300 on the Sitero saddle with cage setup, we do not recommend using anything but alloy carriers when using the Aero Pouch 300. With the added weight of the bags contents and pulling bottles out and putting them back into the cage with the Aero Pouch 300 wrapped around it, we can't recommend using plastic mounts out of concern for them breaking over time.

Regards,

Damon - XLAB
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Candice,
Do you know if the XLab multi strike repair holder is compatible with the tri rig beta rear hydration setup?

Thanks,
Ashlee
Quote Reply
Re: behind the seat repair kit and water bottle options advice needed [alladner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ashlee,

I haven't tested it, but the Multi-Strike does have your standard bottle cage boss spacing so should technically fit. I am just not sure how much load that setup could take - may want to ask them how much weight it can hold.

Candice Turner
CEO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great thanks !
Quote Reply