Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

been awhile
Quote | Reply
hi guys,

it's been quite a while since i've stomped around here. some new names, which is nice, and some familiar as well.

i just completed my first tri of the year. two nights of partying at the wife's class reunion made for a sample run, with little in the way of true competetiveness. but it felt good stacking the disciplines.

my focus has been on running. i've done 20 or so races this season, including my first marathon. my present long term goal is to qualify for boston next year. i plan on doing that in chicago or dallas in the fall. my age group will be 40-44, i'm moving up from 35-39.

most of my training has been seriously focused on improving running. i've made some progress through the season. i'm now moving over to spending some time in the water and on the bike. getting ready for malibu in september, and i'll pick up some other races along the way.

for those of you who are familiar, i've slacked the weights during the last 4 months or so, which is my usual pattern. i hit them a bit more starting june and through the summer. it seems to fit well with tri specific training.

as most of you know, the majority of this site, though triathlon dedicated, is bike-centric. i, however, am of a different breed. my focus and primary interest is in the run. biking is not my thing, but as it's part of the sport i try to keep informed. this site help fulfill that need.

swimming? well, i suck as swimming. yeah, i know what i should be doing, but life's too short. and as they say,

gotta run,

cheers,
sidvicious
Quote Reply
Re: been awhile [sidvicious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice to have your back...

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply