Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

arm coolers on the run?
Quote | Reply
I can't find a thread on this, but I am thinking of keeping my arm coolers on for the run so I can put ice in them until the evening. Seems like an obvious thing - the rubber at the top rubs a little, but I have that riddle solved I think.
Experience with this one? And yes, I will be carrying a bike bottle on the run.
thanks -

- the Lone Wolf
Quote Reply
Re: arm coolers on the run? [todd13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wore arm coolers during both the run and the bike at Full Vineman this past weekend. Squirted them down at the aid stations during the run but did not put ice inside. Cooled off nicely with the wind. No negative issues for me at all. I was wearing a short sleeved top, not a tank.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do it for warmer / sunnier races, and I'm a larger guy. Keep them wet, or have aid stations dump ice in them. Bonus is you can pull a piece of ice out and chew on it if needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used them for the first time at IMCDA last month. Worked great. Just make sure to keep them wet to get the cooling effect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IME the arm coolers work great on the bike, but are hotter than bare arms on the run (I kept them wet, but inserting ice was not an option).

The nice thing is that if they are too hot, it's easy to peel them off and stash them.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply