Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

anyone know where i can find a high resolution swim pic like the underwater view at Kona
Quote | Reply
We want to make a 5 x 3 meter blow up of the view from under water of the swim, but we need a very large / high resolution picture like the one below but they seem hard to find. Anyone might know where to find one or have one?

Thanks,

Jeroen
Tri-Run.com

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Last edited by: tri-run: Apr 15, 17 6:14
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know where i can find a high resolution swim pic like the underwater view at Kona [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the photo you want. Looks like ironman may own it, surely there selling it somehow.

Edit: actually after poking around on instagram, you should contact Donald Miralle and I bet you can buy straight from him.

Last edited by: Sean H: Apr 15, 17 6:39
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know where i can find a high resolution swim pic like the underwater view at Kona [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
serious question, I'm not a triathlete. Is that turtle photo taken when people are actually racing? Are they waiting for the race to start?
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know where i can find a high resolution swim pic like the underwater view at Kona [Silvercivic27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, at last years Kona....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLo7ZD2jVEg/

Quote:
Donald Miralle (@donaldmiralle) was poised to capture the start of a triathlon in Hawaii when this majestic turtle crossed his path. “Since 2000, I’ve been photographing the Ironman World Championship in Kona and taken this underwater angle of the mass swim start. I’ve seen fish and a bunch of triathletes down there, but never a turtle!” says the photographer. “He did two slow passes and then disappeared into deep water, and I didn’t see him again. I couldn’t help but feel so fortunate to have been in that moment and have him choose to swim by me.”

Quote Reply
Re: anyone know where i can find a high resolution swim pic like the underwater view at Kona [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So it's at the start when it's still super-crowded and nobody can go anywhere? It just seems like people are hanging out, facing all different directions, doggie paddling, etc. not in a body position that I would expect someone doing a swim race would be (like Olympic swimming in a pool, for example)
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know where i can find a high resolution swim pic like the underwater view at Kona [Silvercivic27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes they're lined up waiting for the cannon to fire and the race to start. The start line is not wide enough for everyone to be up front so it just ends up being a mass of people in the water going a ways back from the start line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That must really suck, haha. I've participated in some running races and it was like that except you could just stand there, you didn't have to tread water. I thought I remember seeing videos of the start at Kona with a bunch of people basically sprinting in the water and swimming like crazy almost like a LeMans start or something. Did it used to be like that and not anymore?
Last edited by: Silvercivic27: Apr 15, 17 8:19
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know where i can find a high resolution swim pic like the underwater view at Kona [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

you'll get one via http://www.gettyimages.com/sport
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: anyone know where i can find a high resolution swim pic like the underwater view at Kona [philc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good Lord those are expensive! Found one with me at the Kona swim start too. :(

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply