Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

aerobar pad width spacer
Quote | Reply
Hi guys!

A bit of a tricky question. I run the Pro Missile Evo TT bars and they are awesome! The only thing is that I just got a fit done and not to my surprise, as I've noticed it for a while and the fit confirmed, my pads are a bit too close together and my fitter told me I need to space both out by about 1-2mm.

For those of you who run them or know about them. I currently have them screwed into the narrowest set on the actual bar and then the wider option on the actual pad holder. We tried to reverse the setup and put them on the wider set on the bar and narrower on the pad, but that didn't work.

He suggested the Zipp pad width extender (http://www.zipp.com/...16twepqvhr1ncitoalog) , but I called Zipp and they said it wouldn't be compatible with these bars. My fitter then said that I could probably make a custom extension pad like Zipp's, but I'm not sure how, what material, or where to even begin.

I would like to avoid going through another bar setup as I like this one and I don't want to have find another set and sell this one. However, I'm open to all suggestions!

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: aerobar pad width spacer [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Before making changes, what are your goals? What are you looking to gain from widening the pads? Did your fitter have a way to simulate what the new position would feel like. 2mm on each side is very small.

If this is for comfort or long course racing or you have a physical limitation, go ahead.

If you do sprints, Olympics, or TTs, you might want to learn to live with it. Narrower elbows are usually more aero and shorter races, especially with staggered starts are often won and lost by seconds.

If no simulation was available, take a piece of plywood and mount your cups at the new width. Put the plywood on the kitchen table and put your arms in the cups. Although not a good simulation, it will let you get an idea of what the new position will feel like without spending a lot of money and time.
Quote Reply