Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
adamo prologue review
Quote | Reply
Anyone have it?? Looking for a new saddle for my road bike and just saw that Adam has a new saddle. Have the road and TT and really like the TT. Anyone try it??
Quote Reply
Re: adamo prologue review [boom808] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump for similar interest.
Quote Reply
Re: adamo prologue review [atomic916] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also curious about the prologue

"Tri Harder"
Beach 2 Battleship 2010 - 12:37:00
IM Florida 2012 - 11:29:50
Quote Reply
Re: adamo prologue review [Btmagician13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered one without trying it as it wasn't available for demo. Early days yet, but so far very promising. I did make other adjustments to my position though at the same time (shorter stem). I will get back to this thread with a full report soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered one, too. Haven't received it yet, though.

I started with an Adamo Race (original version) for a couple of seasons, but found it just a bit too hard in the sitbone area for long rides (2.5hrs+), and especially on the rollers.

I switched to an Adamo Road for a couple of seasons. It's been an improvement over the Race, but I think I'd like a little more room to move fore/aft while staying in the sweetspot. According to the advertising, that's one of the benefits of the Prologue.

I e-mailed ISM to see what they thought about the switch, and here is an excerpt from the e-mail I received from Dave...

"The Prologue has 30% more padding vs Road and is narrower in the front arms. It's also a longer saddle allowing for more fore/aft body movement."

It's supposed to ship today. We shall see...

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I just received mine a couple of weeks ago. Admittedly, I've only had a few rides on it on the trainer, so I can't give a real review. Anyways, here's a couple pics, because pics generally make a post better. As a point of reference, I've tried a number of saddles over the last couple of years (prologo, arione, cobb v-flow plus, old ism racing and now new ism prologue) to deal with sleepy pp and aerobar comfort issues. The thing I noticed immediately on this saddle was the ability to move fore/aft is much greater than on the shorter models and that allows me to make little adjustments every now and then. Also, since it is longer and slightly more forward sloping than some of the other ism saddles I don't have to tilt it down. If anything I think I will tilt it up a degree or two. It's still fairly wide in the nose and can cause chaff, so tri-shorts are better than full bike shorts and load up on the butter. Anyways, I won't pretend to be an expert after only a couple rides, but that's my experience so far. Cheers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As someone that's been through the saddle shopping spree like many others, I can say I've hit a lot of them and this one is at the top of my list. I've ridden a lot of the original ISM seats, Race, Road and Typhoon after many other options (Fizik, Profile Design, Cobb) and felt the Adamo Road was the best one for me, I had the nose zip tied and at the time, it couldn't get any better.

If I could write down the few complaints I had about the Road and have them fixed, it would be the Prologue. The rear part of the road has a significant slant that would make it near impossible for me to sit up and ride without my hands on the bars, the "fingers" were short and wide. My dream saddle would be more level across, have longer narrower fingers, and a little more padding and the Prologue is exactly that. I am so very pleased, thanks Adamo!

If you're gonna do something tonight that you'll regret in the morning...sleep late.
Quote Reply
Re: adamo prologue review [teambeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man. Now I'm REALLY anxious for mine to arrive!

Steve

Quote Reply
Re: adamo prologue review [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with the previous reviews. Switched from the Road to the Prologue this winter and I couldnt be happier. I havent been out on the road yet with it (Michigan winter) but even on the trainer the boys and the rest of the general vicinity are much happier :)
I havent done any super long rides but I have yet to even bust out the bodyglide. All around a more comfortable experience which, as mentioned earlier, allows more movement along the length of the saddle. The fact that it is a bit slimmer has so far kept any chaffing (although I didnt have much with the Road) away and still helps me avoid any numbness.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got one in the mail today. I already have the Breakaway on my tri-bike and this one will replace the Road version on my road bike. The Prologue looks pretty much just like the Breakaway in dimensions and stitching, except the Breakaway has Ti alloy vs. the Prologue's cromoly rails, which for me doesn't make a tiny bit of difference. However, based on my finger squeeze test, the Breakaway feels softer than the Prologue near the tips of the nose area (where it counts), even though the Prologue's nose prongs are fatter with more padding material. Not sure if it can be attributed to the Breakaway having already been broken-in vs. the brand new Prologue, but so far I'm not too terribly impressed given the Prologue is marketed as having more padding thus implying its softer. It is however cheaper than the Breakaway :)
Last edited by: Jie: Mar 13, 12 18:35
Quote Reply
Re: adamo prologue review [Jie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i just installed the prologue in place of the racing 2 and am very satisfied. in a way it feels like a totally different design and not just a updated version of the same idea - better for me, as i never could find the sweet spot with the racing 2. after a two hour ride this AM, i can say the prologue is a hint softer new than my racing 2 was broken in, has a much more level feel to it (the racing 2 always felt ramped as you moved back while climbing), and it's nice for riders who move around a lot. i zip tied my racing 2, and have again on the prologue, and find far less rubbing with the latter - also a welcome bonus. i also like the fact my water bottle cage zip ties much easier to the prologue than it did with the racing 2. lastly, the nose design with the prologue is nice in that i didn't catch my shorts once while sliding back onto my saddle after a climb. the racing 2 was just a bit more blunt and didn't feel so seamless.

just my .02

edited to wish everyone a happy st. patrick's day!!
Last edited by: 317: Mar 17, 12 13:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm five rides into mine. 2 ride were 2hours long. I like it so far. Junk numbess is completely not a factor. The saddle is very comfortable in that sense. I feel some pressure on my right sit bone that is a little uncomfortable, but I seem to be getting used to it the more I ride it.

I was on a fizik arione II, but had some numbness. I have also just purchased the cobb v flow plus and plan to try that out next week. I could definatley see making the prologue my go to TT saddle though. I just wanted to try out the cobb in case it worked better for me.

Also, I have pretty narrow hips and it seemed too wide the first 2 rides but now I don't even notice the width. Initially I thought the width was going to be an issue but as previously stated it is no problem at all.

If your interested I'll let you know it compares to the cobb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had mine for about a week and a half, switching from a Profile Tri-Stryke. It's obviously a very, very different saddle, so I expected that my sit bones would have to adjust (totally different area of contact vs. with the Tri-Stryke), which took a few rides. It also took some fine-tuning to find the right angle, which for me is actually angled a bit up, or else I'll slide forward.

During my short time with the saddle so far, I've already put in two 3+ hour rides. The first long ride was my second ride in the saddle (not recommended by ISM), and my sit bones felt it, quite honestly. That said, the saddle was fantastic in every other way -- no chafing, no numbness, no nothin'. After another couple of rides, my sit bone area seems to have adjusted just fine, and today's 3 hour ride was enough to convince me that this saddle is the right choice for me and my setup. I couldn't have been happier, and my saddle has never gone so "unnoticed" for a ride that long. That's the most I could possibly ask out of the Prologue, and I'm thrilled with it thus far.
Quote Reply
Re: adamo prologue review [DRG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the podium which looks similar. I know the instructions say level rails but I kept sliding off like that and with the sloped nose you pretty much fall off. I used the level app in my iPad and placed on the seat before the tilt at the rear and am down 1 degree. The seat works really well there.
Quote Reply
Re: adamo prologue review [kblahetka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How would you compare the Prologue against the Podium in term of softness? I have a Breakaway which is the softer version of the Podium, and I thought the Prologue would be even softer but that's not the case after I bought it. So maybe its in between the Podium and the Breakaway in that regard?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have the prologue but I did see a break away in a store and I squeesed it with my fingers and it felt the same as the podium.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Podium on my BH road bike and the Prologue on my Shiv tri bike. There's not much difference in padding, and the geometry is the same for both. Prologue is a little heavier because it doesn't have Ti rails like the Podium. Both seats tend to squeak though. Probably my only critique. Otherwise, great saddle. I'll never ride another saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is in the mail right now. Hoping this is a little better than my beaten down Race.

Quote | Reply
Considering this saddle, any updates on reviews

Are we allowed to discuss where everyone purchased their seat from?
Quote Reply
Re: adamo prologue review [Chris3mes1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris3mes1 wrote:

Just got the PODIUM on my road bike. Found it on AMAZON for $117.

If I lived in the hills, this saddle would NOT WORK!!!

I live in Southern Delaware, and its flat as a pancake. I often drape my self over my bars in a "TT-like-position." This kills my grundle and can make a D!CK go numb. Not cool.

I have the Race on my TT bike. Honestly, not much difference. Maybe it feels a tad-bit narrower, but once I am laying down the hammer, I just want to feel my d!ck and I can with ISM's...

Climbing up-right is not cool within any ISM ADAMOS. Our hill training requires 50 laps back and fourth over the inlet bridge. That being said, our new IRI bridge is a bit steeper and longer, but I just TT the first half in my drops or draped and stand the second half into a sprint. When I climb like a climber would (though I suck), all of the ism's are akwardly weird. It's like sitting on plywood with a fork stuck directly into your junk.

Position your rails about 10 degrees up towards the tip. This saddle works when the top is flat or maybee even slightly upward as opposed to the horrible 90's tri-fad where everyone's saddles faced down. I feel the PROLOUGE is only usefull (TO ME) when I am in the drops or draped over the front. Sitting up, just aint right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Breakaway - purchased here in the classifieds if I recall correctly. I would also be really interested in an update on the Prologue from Jie as it appears you have both.

I also have a new Typhoon (LB$) and my wife has a used Road (BT classifieds). Road and Typhoon seem almost identical and my wife didn't see much difference. There is a big difference between the Breakaway style (podium and prologue) and the Road style (road, typhoon, maybe TT) as the nose on the Breakaway is much longer, a little narrower and more sloped.

I definitely like the Breakaway on my road bike because you can shift around more. I haven't decided what I like best on a tri bike because I am new to tri bikes. I do know it is very unlikely I will ever get a different saddle. I really like not having the nose of a saddle pressing into my junk. My pedal stroke feels a ton better because I lift better without the extra pressure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris3mes1 wrote:

Been riding it now for a week or so. I am liking it. I went from a Race to the Prologue and it is a different feel. I find it more comfortable once I got the fit dialed in. Still early to tell about the final positioning but I'm thinking it's a keeper. I got mine on eBay, brand new, $123.00 with free shipping. Message me if you want the store name.

Quote | Reply
NickG wrote:
Chris3mes1 wrote:

Been riding it now for a week or so. I am liking it. I went from a Race to the Prologue and it is a different feel. I find it more comfortable once I got the fit dialed in. Still early to tell about the final positioning but I'm thinking it's a keeper. I got mine on eBay, brand new, $123.00 with free shipping. Message me if you want the store name.

I got my prolouge $117 on amazon brandnew. $5 shipping...bet ya by a buck!
Quote Reply
Re: adamo prologue review [Tri or Die] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn you!

Quote | Reply
Tri or Die wrote:
I got my prolouge $117 on amazon brandnew. $5 shipping...bet ya by a buck!

I got mine on sale for $111.94 with free shipping from Modern Bike a couple of weeks ago.

Steve

Quote Reply

Prev Next