Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

access to 3d printer
Quote | Reply
i have recently come into access of a 3d printer.

i don't know a thing about drawing up schematics etc. but if there is something you want, design it, send it to me, and i'll print it.

few things:
http://enve.com/products/computer-mount/ if someone could draw that up. i would love one.
obviously, you pay shipping (or local pickup in boston), and maybe 5? dollar fee depending on the size of the item/difficulty/etc. just so i can buy the owner of the printer some beers.

thoughts on this?
Quote Reply
Re: access to 3d printer [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, youre not getting much traction with this. People who can design are already doing this on shapeways and i.materialise (if not their own 3d printers) for much better quality prints and materials you might get from a home print. 3d printing a good product is more difficult than people imagine, its not so simple as pressing a button.

A word of warning too is you'd better be testing any parts you print (especially parts being clamped/structural) before offering print services to the general public. Failure can lead to serious injury and death.
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I have designed mounts similar to the enve one for zipp, 3t , and deda stems; you actually need one of those stems to measure the dimesions necessary for the stem bolt mounting holes so unless you can provide those dimensions or your designer has an enve stem lying around you wont get it just by asking.
Quote Reply