Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by ginofairplay
Re: ?? did Cervelo make a project California R3 frameset in 2012 [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never heard of a Project R3 or R3CA, I'm pretty sure it's always been just the R5CA, but I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: ?? did Cervelo make a project California R3 frameset in 2012 [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only R5CA

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Re: ?? did Cervelo make a project California R3 frameset in 2012 [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope.

We put the California logo on the R3 (and R5) because they use technology that trickled down from Project California's R5ca. But there was no separate "R3ca" model.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: ?? did Cervelo make a project California R3 frameset in 2012 [StephanM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. In Denver's Craigslist there is a R3 with a Project California 1 decal on the lower part of the seat tube. It looks real but like you I didn't think they made this model. Thanks again
Quote Reply
Re: ?? did Cervelo make a project California R3 frameset in 2012 [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I found an ad on Denver's Craigslist for a R3 with a Project California 1 decal on it. It's on the seat tube near the crank area. They say it's very rare. Just figured I'd ask.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless it's a prototype

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi gino,

Yes, that's where the California Highway 1 shield logo was placed, both on the R5ca, and also on every R-series with trickle-down technology from Project California. That's all of them.

Sounds like you're looking at a normal R3.

Enjoy,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: ?? did Cervelo make a project California R3 frameset in 2012 [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Damon,
Thanks I appreciate your input. The seller is trying to pass it off as being rare. Again thanks.

Gino
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi gino,

Ever type "rare" into ebay? 2,986,050 results, ha ha!

Every R3 (post 2011) has that sticker, and they're still good bikes.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply