Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by mrosenblat
Last edited by: mrosenblat: Jan 26, 15 11:34
Re: The effects of training-intensity distribution on endurance performance. A systematic review of randomized controlled trials. [mrosenblat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you read the "things to know about this forum" thread?

Quote:
FIFTH-AND-A-HALF THING: Linking/sharing material that you created - e.g., linking to a blog post of YOURS. Please do NOT use this forum strictly as a source of traffic for your website, blog, etc. If you want to link to your blog, please do so in your signature ONLY; please do not start posts of the form, "hey check out this article that I wrote over here..." If you wish to engender discussion on this forum about something that you wrote elsewhere (your blog, your high school newspaper, whatever), please be aware that it will be allowed to stand or not at our discretion. A lot of this will be totally subjective, based on how long you've been a member, how often you link to your own outside content, etc. There's no hard-and-fast rule for what's allowed and what's not. Basically, if it seems that the primary reason for posting is to direct traffic away from this site and to yours, we will pull it. If it seems the primary reason for you posting it is to talk about it here, we'll probably leave it.
Quote Reply
Re: The effects of training-intensity distribution on endurance performance. A systematic review of randomized controlled trials. [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually have not read that, and I apologize for the posting.

I will take it down immediately.
Mike.

Michael Rosenblat

http://www.evidencebasedcoaching.ca
Evidence-Based Coaching: Making science work for athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: The effects of training-intensity distribution on endurance performance. A systematic review of randomized controlled trials. [mrosenblat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrosenblat wrote:
I actually have not read that, and I apologize for the posting.

I will take it down immediately.
Mike.

I was just trying to save the link before it was taken down.

Ah, it was saved automatically in the browse history.
Last edited by: Trev: Jan 26, 15 11:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stephen Seiler is referencing a lot of research in this video
http://www.canal-insep.fr/...r_stephen_seiler-mov

And of course, more research has to be done :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you pm me the link please? I skimmed it earlier but it's not in my history.m

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: The effects of training-intensity distribution on endurance performance. A systematic review of randomized controlled trials. [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know. It's perfectly acceptable to start a thread here about the topic in the blog post... I clicked the link initially because it sounded interesting, but I'd prefer to have the info here so that people will scrutinize it to death. Then when you do your next blog post, you'll have more to write. Just put the link to your blog in your signature or something.

Dtyrrell
Quote Reply
Re: The effects of training-intensity distribution on endurance performance. A systematic review of randomized controlled trials. [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
Have you read the "things to know about this forum" thread?

Quote:
FIFTH-AND-A-HALF THING: Linking/sharing material that you created - e.g., linking to a blog post of YOURS. Please do NOT use this forum strictly as a source of traffic for your website, blog, etc. If you want to link to your blog, please do so in your signature ONLY; please do not start posts of the form, "hey check out this article that I wrote over here..." If you wish to engender discussion on this forum about something that you wrote elsewhere (your blog, your high school newspaper, whatever), please be aware that it will be allowed to stand or not at our discretion. A lot of this will be totally subjective, based on how long you've been a member, how often you link to your own outside content, etc. There's no hard-and-fast rule for what's allowed and what's not. Basically, if it seems that the primary reason for posting is to direct traffic away from this site and to yours, we will pull it. If it seems the primary reason for you posting it is to talk about it here, we'll probably leave it.

I think you should put the link back in. That topic is very relevant to this forum and could make for a very interesting discussion.

Simplify, Train, Live
Quote Reply
Re: The effects of training-intensity distribution on endurance performance. A systematic review of randomized controlled trials. [Mike Prevost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, please put the link back. If it is an issue, let Dan remove it

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: The effects of training-intensity distribution on endurance performance. A systematic review of randomized controlled trials. [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
usually the way you can make it semi-acceptable is put a bunch of useful info directly in the text of the post

and then a link to the full article

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: The effects of training-intensity distribution on endurance performance. A systematic review of randomized controlled trials. [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
usually the way you can make it semi-acceptable is put a bunch of useful info directly in the text of the post

Good point, but I still would let Dan do the enforcement.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: The effects of training-intensity distribution on endurance performance. A systematic review of randomized controlled trials. [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This post seems relevant to this thread: http://www.evidencebasedcoaching.ca/...ng-intensity_72.html
Quote Reply
Re: The effects of training-intensity distribution on endurance performance. A systematic review of randomized controlled trials. [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:

I think that's what he did originally? He posted a large section of what he wrote and then the link in sig line, no? I saw he posted it on another site and then noticed it here. When I opened the thread I gave him credit for following protocol.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Below is the summary from the article that I initially posted a link to. I feel that this is most appropriate way to provide the results of the study without re-directing anyone to my website. Again, I apologize for the initial posting, as I should have read the rules.

PLAIN LANGUAGE SUMMARY

There are a number of variables to consider when designing an endurance-training program in order to limit fatigue and optimize performance. Training-intensity is a key variable that can be manipulated in such a way that it can lead to either an improvement or a deterioration in performance.

There are three physiological training zones that can be used to determine training-intensity when designing an endurance-training program. Zone 1 (Z1) is below the lactate threshold (LT1) or aerobic threshold. Zone 2 (Z2) falls between LT1 and LT2 (anaerobic threshold), and zone 3 (Z3) is above LT2. An ideal training program will include an appropriate distribution across these training zones.

The two common training distribution models include a polarized training model (POL) and a threshold training model (THR). POL involves approximately 80%, 5%, and 15% of training in Z1, Z2, and Z3 respectively. THR involves 45%, 35%, and 20% of training in Z1, Z2, and Z3. The purpose of this review is to systematically review the available evidence on the effects of different training-intensity distribution models on markers of endurance performance.

There is moderate level evidence demonstrating that a POL model leads to greater improvements in 10 km running time performance than a THR model in recreational and sub-elite runners.

There is low level evidence demonstrating that a POL model leads to improvements in running economy in competitive endurance athletes (cross-country skiing, cycling, triathlon, middle- or long-distance runners).

There is low level evidence demonstrating that a POL model leads to greater improvements in VO2peak than a THR or HVT model in competitive endurance athletes (cross-country skiing, cycling, triathlon, middle- or long-distance runners)

More research is necessary to accurately assess the mechanisms for which altering training distribution improves performance. Studies of greater methodological design are required to provide more conclusive results on the effects of different training models on endurance performance.

Michael Rosenblat

http://www.evidencebasedcoaching.ca
Evidence-Based Coaching: Making science work for athletes.
Last edited by: mrosenblat: Jan 27, 15 22:44
Quote Reply