Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recovery before FTP Test
Quote | Reply
I've just finished a big week (for me) of riding (18 hours though it was 66% uphill so its perhaps only 2/3rds of that), anyway I planned to do a FTP test, should 4 days recovery be sufficient to complete the test?

How far out from an IM would you do your final FTP? I'm assuming that barring illness and injury causing loss of fitness that 6-7 weeks should be sufficient?
Quote Reply
Re: Recovery before FTP Test [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have an answer but I did 0 recovery days for mine. I just went at it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
I've just finished a big week (for me) of riding (18 hours though it was 66% uphill so its perhaps only 2/3rds of that), anyway I planned to do a FTP test, should 4 days recovery be sufficient to complete the test?

How far out from an IM would you do your final FTP? I'm assuming that barring illness and injury causing loss of fitness that 6-7 weeks should be sufficient?

Plenty of experts in training with power on this forum and not one of them so far has seen fit to answer a very reasonable question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

I see no issues with 6-7 weeks out for final FTP. I do the same and it has worked well for me. Work it into the schedule accordingly.

Recovery before FTP...I take a week and day 5 in that recovery is a little bit of tempo work. Day 8 would be my test.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply