Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cyclist cleared in collision that killed woman
Quote | Reply
http://www.katu.com/stories/79759.html

CORVALLIS, Ore. - A bicyclist accused of criminally negligent homicide after he struck and killed a 71-year-old woman has been released from jail.

A Benton County grand jury has cleared him.

Fifty-one-year-old Christopher Lightning was charged after police say he ran a stop sign and struck Jean Calder as she crossed a street at an unmarked crosswalk.

Lightning had been held since his arrest September 9.

A deputy district attorney says the case was weakened because there was not a lot of physical evidence that would give a clear picture of how it happened.

There was no evidence to indicate that Lightning had been speeding, such as skid marks or damage to the bicycle, and he was not found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist cleared in collision that killed woman [Wolfwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10 Ways to Avoid being hit by a car---- one of the most useful internet posts you can find for a cyclist. May this woman rest in peace and may we remember how at risk we are.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: windschatten: Jan 9, 18 0:48
Re: Cyclist cleared in collision that killed woman [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread has been dead for 10 years...or maybe more like 13 years...so...yeah.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist cleared in collision that killed woman [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weird zombie thread. I have no idea how I opened it just now. It’s been two weeks since you posted and winds post was back in January.

Spooky

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Last edited by: Leddy: Aug 10, 18 6:47
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist cleared in collision that killed woman [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Weird zombie thread. I have no idea how I opened it just now. It’s been two weeks since you posted and winds post was back in January.

Spooky

More like 6 weeks...does that make it even more creepy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s at the top if you sort by subject. Must have a leading space or something.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply