Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [raflopez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5 years later and I'm still here talking about dongs.

Glad some things never change.
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [spiderwj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure you have plenty of answers by now (I'm not being bothered to read the whole thread) but I've been wearing a pair of Adidas short tights under my running tights when it's cold. I've managed this in 1 degree F so far with no frozen manhood. Without them, the tights alone are not enough (agreed the wind makes it through).

I think the adi shorts were around $20ish bucks. Well worth it.

ETA: didn't realize this thread was so damn old!

~~~~~~~~~
Empire Tri Coach
Team Gatorade Endurance
USATF Coach | NYRR Distance Pacer
Dad of twins
Last edited by: Mendeldave: Jan 27, 14 13:25
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [Mendeldave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Desoto Forza Tri Short with the fleece pad; keeps you warm on the cold days.
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [tgarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tgarson wrote:
In Reply To:
http://www.craft-usa.com/cra_shop_zoom.php?back=&category=92&headline=men&area=shop&type=bunderwear&id=509&bcsex=m

Windproof underwear.

Anyone have any recommendations that aren't 40 bucks a pair for nut huggers? I went for a <32 run today with Nike compression shorts underwear underneath running shorts... got to experience a whole new different type of blue balls.

Definitely going to invest in some anterior insulation.

THIS is where you choose to economize?
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [jkahan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkahan wrote:
any cross country skier will tell you that you need a pair of polypropelen winter briefs..

They still make polypropylene clothing? They shouldn't - makes for unbearable BO. Polyester or SmartWool much better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Chicago too and this is a big problem on these really windy and below zero temperature days. I even resorted to putting in a newspaper in my pants to block the wind and prevent my junk from freezing. I looked on amazon and found that they make wind blocker underwear for that exact same situation. Sugoi has some and so does Brooks but they're expensive. Ended up buying the Terramar Wind Boxer-Brief. The front panel is designed to block wind. Not sure if they work but the reviews were good and only $12 bucks.
Last edited by: tovi: Jan 27, 14 13:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thankfully this thread lacks pictures... I went for a ride a couple weeks back in sub 30 degree weather in just a pair of tri shorts, knee warmers and a couple of tops. Got home and seriously I thought I had permanently damaged my junk. It was all puffy on one side (exposed to the wind through the shorts) and normal on the other (skin side). I vowed never to go for another ride or run below 50 degrees with a single layer covering my man bits...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple of pieces of duct tape on the inside of your running tights will work well as a wind blocker.
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [tcesni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wear tri shorts under my running tights or shorts. Works like a charm.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<iframe width="560" height="330" src="http://www.sbrforum.com/.../embed/?videoId=2499" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've heard that neoprene works well. Coozie????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sugoi makes an insulated underwear that also has a wind blocker. Works amazingly well. Worth every single penny. I've run in them in neg windchill with no issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [EJOTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EJOTT wrote:
Try a sock. :)

or, tuck it into your sock.

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [scofflaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need a thermajock! :)
http://thermajock.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went the plastic baggy route just the other day here in Chicago (F3 half marathon). Wife was dropping me off and after jumping out of the car (the run is on the lakefront where it is MUCH more windy) it was very apparent that if I did not increase coverage from my running tights and running pants on top than it was going to be more than miserable down south. Grabbed a ziplock baggy full of cheese crackers that we usually reserve for our toddler and jammed that down the tights.

Win/Win - felt comfortable all through the run..and yes..I did eat the cheesy crackers at mile 9 or so.

Gross? Maybe, but it had me kinda giggling like an idiot when I was eating them and thinking how it reminded me of the whole Ferris Buhlers Day off "want a gummy bear? they are warm from being in my pocket" line.

Having said all that - sitting at our kitchen table right now at 5am when I should have been out running..unfortunately it's now -15f and around -40f with the wind chill...decided we dont have enough ziplock bags or cheesy crackers to take the boys out this AM. Instead they will be getting a spa day (aka treadmill) at the gym later this afternoon.

Awesome thread by the way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's called a treadmill
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [jhouckwsu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that what they use in Guantanamo for torture to get information from terrorists?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. It is a machine often used indoors by many elite atheletes as a training tool. Google it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own one. Can't stand it. Would rather get the frozen penis.
Last edited by: tovi: Jan 28, 14 6:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All about blood flow. I keep it hard through my entire run
Quote Reply
Post deleted by krozema [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
God bless Texas.
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [scofflaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scofflaw wrote:
EJOTT wrote:
Try a sock. :)

or, tuck it into your sock.

THIS ^^^ made me spit my coffe out. Good one!
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nature built in a cold defense mechanism called "turteling." Those accustomed to colder climates have the inate ability to "turtle". Reportedly, some can even completely turtle such that there is no evidence of male parts. The only downside is when you go to pee and find that you've turtled.
Quote Reply
Re: Cold Penis During Winter Run [macinmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
macinmt wrote:
Nature built in a cold defense mechanism called "turteling." Those accustomed to colder climates have the inate ability to "turtle". Reportedly, some can even completely turtle such that there is no evidence of male parts. The only downside is when you go to pee and find that you've turtled.

and some people found a way to "cut" that natural defense...

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply

Prev Next