Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A very special (Floyd) ride to raise awareness
Quote | Reply
Floyd Landis will be leading a ride up Mt Baldy prior to the TOC stage on Saturday.

Meet at 10:00am at the Ontario Radioshack.

Details to follow.
Quote Reply
Re: A very special (Floyd) ride to raise awareness [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: A very special (Floyd) ride to raise awareness [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordano wrote:
At the Radioshack!!!!!

Correct...:)
Quote Reply
Re: A very special (Floyd) ride to raise awareness [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think he has been training on a Lemond Revmaster?

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea which Ontario Radioshack?
Quote Reply
Re: A very special (Floyd) ride to raise awareness [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know why people want to have him associated to their event, this guy is poison.

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Re: A very special (Floyd) ride to raise awareness [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Any idea which Ontario Radioshack?

Details to follow, including a map, hopefully.
Quote Reply
Re: A very special (Floyd) ride to raise awareness [stef32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stef32 wrote:
I don't know why people want to have him associated to their event, this guy is poison.

1) he is not associated with their event
2) why is he poison? Because he stopped toeing to pro-cycling line?
3) you should turn up & have a chat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because he cheated, lied about it. Collected money from innocent people to pay for his "not guilty" defence when he knew he was guilty. Have fun riding with Floyd and I'm happy to know that he is not associated with the organization. By the way I wish I lived in the area, I would definitately show up and ask him for a refund for my Positively false book that I bought!

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
all of the other pro cyclists that cheated are still lying about it. he was one of the first and only to stop.

stef32 wrote:
Because he cheated, lied about it. Collected money from innocent people to pay for his "not guilty" defence when he knew he was guilty. Have fun riding with Floyd and I'm happy to know that he is not associated with the organization. By the way I wish I lived in the area, I would definitately show up and ask him for a refund for my Positively false book that I bought!

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: A very special (Floyd) ride to raise awareness [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That said, I will say that it's nice of him to help with a charity, hope people have fun. I'm sorry if I came out strong but I was supporting this guy when he was saying that he was clean so I felt a bit betrayed when the truth came out. Hope you guys have have a good ride.

Stef

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stef32 wrote:
but I was supporting this guy when he was saying that he was clean

Stef

well man, give him credit for introduce you to the real, awful, adult work at least =)

and tyler

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stef32 wrote:

Questions for you.

1) would you prefer that he didn't come forward & tell the truth?
2) how many pro cyclists over the history of time have taken PEDs, and come forward & told the truth?

I don't know...I am more disappointed with the ones that perpetuate the myth. The whole world, barring the seriously misguided, knows what has gone on in cycling. Not many of the professionals are willing to try to break the cycle & speak out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NAB777 wrote:
stef32 wrote:

Questions for you.

1) would you prefer that he didn't come forward & tell the truth?
2) how many pro cyclists over the history of time have taken PEDs, and come forward & told the truth?

I don't know...I am more disappointed with the ones that perpetuate the myth. The whole world, barring the seriously misguided, knows what has gone on in cycling. Not many of the professionals are willing to try to break the cycle & speak out.

He didn't "come forward and tell the truth". He was caught. Only after taking all that money while lying.

I will never understand the propensity of people to make heroes out of the guys who merely finally admit breaking the rules when they've already been caught. Like it's some sort of virtue.
Quote Reply
Re: A very special (Floyd) ride to raise awareness [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoeO wrote:
He didn't "come forward and tell the truth". He was caught. Only after taking all that money while lying.

I will never understand the propensity of people to make heroes out of the guys who merely finally admit breaking the rules when they've already been caught. Like it's some sort of virtue.

1) Who is making a hero out of him?
2) Plenty get caught, and still lie. Not a lot admit, whether it be straight away or 4 years later.

I welcome any cyclist coming out & admitting what they they did. To me, it's a great step for the athlete & hopefully for the sport. A far cry from making them heroes.

Knowing a little about cycling culture, admitting all wouldn't be an easy thing to do - which is why you see very famous cyclists still denying they took drugs. Which is better for the sport?

It takes a fair bit of courage to spit in the soup. Ask Cristophe Bassons what it did for his cycling career.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah I see. You're not making a hero out of him but "it takes a fair bit of courage". Got it. Yeah he sure is courageous. How much courage do you suppose it takes to pay back the 1,000,000 dollars you raised while insisting over and over again to everyone you were clean? Is it more courageous to come forward before the year you spend trying to get back into the sport or after you realize nobody but Rock Racing will hire you?
Quote Reply
Re: A very special (Floyd) ride to raise awareness [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Start location:

http://t.co/NP9Gy8h
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stef32 wrote:

Couldn't agree more with this! F that guy. I supported his defense financially and to others. He lied and made liars out of many. F him. The autographed photo will stay in the bottom of my "shit I don't know what to do with" box for a very long time.
Quote Reply