Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zoot Wetsuit Questions
Quote | Reply
Thinking about picking up a zoot wetsuit, and have two questions:

1. What are the major differences between the Prophet and Zforce 5? Is the prophet much better, or only marginally? Trying to decide if the price difference is worth it.

2. Sizing. Looks like I'm right on the border of ST and MT. I'm 6'2 and ~167-170, so right on the border of the two. Size up or size down?

Quote | Reply
Triathlete sports has a pretty good run down of the features of each suit. Probably explains it better than I could. That said, I picked up a Prophet 2.0 this year and it's amazing compared to the Desoto 2 piece I was using. The Desoto served me well for 3 years but the flexibility of the Zoot is way more comfortable for me in the water. My couple of experiences with a one piece suit prior to buying the Desoto made me resist ever considering a one piece again but I broke down at IMCDA this year and tried on the Prophet. After buying it and trying it a few test swims I threw caution to the wind and used it for the race that weekend! Couldn't be happier with the suit.

http://www.triathletesports.com/...ot-wetsuit-2014.html

http://www.triathletesports.com/...ot-wetsuit-2014.html

Last edited by: CDriver: Jul 24, 14 10:23
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot Wetsuit Questions [snackchair] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was helping another athlete with this yesterday so I'll give you the same information.

It's up to you and your swimming style. Some athletes like a more restricting feel (I'm one of those who wants the wetsuit tight on my body and with a structured feeling) while others want the freedom of movement and pure comfort. If you prefer the more restricting feel get the ZForce 5. If you want the freedom of movement get the Prophet 2.

The Prophet gets its freedom of movement especially in the arms and shoulders using Yamamoto C40 which has a great deal of stretch in it. The other unique aspect of the prophet is ZoneRX core compression panel. You've heard your coach tell you to swim from your hips. This panel puts enough compression to your core to make you remember this fact.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
snackchair wrote:
2. Sizing. Looks like I'm right on the border of ST and MT. I'm 6'2 and ~167-170, so right on the border of the two. Size up or size down?

I recently faced a similar decision with a Roka wetsuit. I sized down and that wetsuit is now for sale in the classifieds :/ Might be a different case with the two Zoot suits you're looking at. So long as you're within the height/weight envelope of the MT, even the low end of the range, I'd go with the larger suit... unless you plan on losing weight but I've got to think you're in a healthy weight range for your height.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot Wetsuit Questions [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dave.

Any thoughts on sizing? I'm borderline ST/MT, and don't anticipate losing or gaining weight any time soon.

Quote | Reply
I just got the Prophet in a size MT. I freaking love it. Great range of motion and flexibility, and during the two OWS i've done so far I've glided through the water, fast suit for sure.

I'm 6'2" and between 175-178, the MT fits like a glove for me. Worth every penny IMO

My Website || Twitter || Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am on the same edge. I have both sizes. For training I use the ST for comfort and for racing I use Small for the tighter fit.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply