Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zoot Solana
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried these yet? If so, any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot Solana [Pacificsbr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got the Solana and Solana ACR (winter version) to start running in. I have the new Ali'i for the past week and have a few runs it (it has a Race upper and Solana sole). I like them so far, very different from Zoot's other shoes, very soft and compliant.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using them for the past month for all training runs in the 5-10 mile range. I do plan to use them for long runs too but just wanted to get used to them first. So far I would say they are excellent trainers and I'm going to get some of the ACR too. Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot Solana [MattyA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried on both models of the Solana shoes, and really liked them. Felt more cushion than my Kalani's. I am ordered several pairs of both Solana's, and now waiting for them to come in from back order.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Solana and the ali'i 14. Solana is great for long miles. Ali'i 14 is my daily running shoe.

The ali'i 14 is my favorite shoe of all time. I finally found my Saucony kinvara replacement!!!

The cushioning is fantastic. True to size. Solana I wear socks. Ali'i 14 no socks. Long runs in both. Speed work only in Ali'i. Wear on sole is about 150 miles. Great shoe for forefront and midfoot runners.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot Solana [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how come you get all the cool shoes.....
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot Solana [kmowlam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kmowlam wrote:
how come you get all the cool shoes.....

After watching me flounder around the course behind you two weeks ago I need all the help I can get….

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have half a dozen runs in a pair of Solanas. They worked great at first. Now I'm finding the ankle relief cutout, on the outside of the shoe, is digging into the front, bottom of my ankle bone. My wife tried a pair and had this issue immediately. This isn't a problem I've had with any past shoe:( I was hoping this was a replacement for my KSwiss KBRs...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It honestly feels quite similar to the kinvara 4

-----------------------------------------------------
Check out my website/blog: http://www.macheetri.com
Infinit Ambassador: Use INFINIT-P29DC for $5.00 off
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot Solana [Machee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found it closer to the Saucony virrata.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot Solana [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you running sockless in them?

I had a similar problem when I tried running sockless in them. They feel better with ankle socks.

If you want the same cushion feel but in a more comfortable sockless shoe, go for the zoot ali'i 14. I just ran a 10 mile tempo run in them sockless on a REALLY humid day with no issues. I'm on my second pair after almost 2 months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I read this title I thought it was about Zoe Soldana....

Quote Reply
Re: Zoot Solana [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I was running in ankle socks. After comparing to some of my other shoes, it looks like maybe the Zoots are actually cut lower and dig in below the ankle bone. I ran 12 miles in them today and my right ankle is killing me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn. I would stop using them if they are hurting you. Some shoes just don't work well with some people.

I have a hard time with Solana only because of the extra padding around the ankle. That being said, I wear a small arch orthodic which raises my foot a bit, which is why my ankle clears the shoe design.

Do you have the laces all the way up to the last eyelets? Is the shoe securely on your foot?

What shoes did you wear before Solana?
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot Solana [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stopping use is where I am with them after yesterday:( I do have some orthotic footbeds I could try using to raise my foot a little. I didn't use them because the shoe is supportive already.

Yep. Laces all the way up to front, top eyelet. They are secure. I have a narrow foot, which on many shoes means pulling eyelets close. The Solanas are nice because they are narrow to medium in width and fit my foot well, with plenty of space between the eyelets.

For the past 3 years I've alternated between KSwiss Kwicky Blade Runs and Hoka Bondis / Bondi 2's. I've reduced the Hoka use as I'm not doing IM length training this year. My KBR inventory is gone. I'm still racing in Kwicky Blade Lights until this last pair is finished. I recently rotated in a pair of Mizuno Waveriders. These fit well, but are a little lacking is cushion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lacking in cushion?? I guess compared to the hokas.

Run in Saucony a5, everything after that feels like pillows.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love all of Bryan's cupboards tied shut. Having toddlers can be good for race weight.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot Solana [CamCom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CamCom wrote:
I love all of Bryan's cupboards tied shut. Having toddlers can be good for race weight.

LOL! It's so ghetto!

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do the Solana's fit size wise. I am right on the line between 9 an 9 1/2. I get by with a 9 for the ultra tempo because I do not wear socks.
Quote Reply
Re: Zoot Solana [gmogelesky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They seem to run the same as Zoot's other
shoes.

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply