Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zone3 Wetsuits...
Quote | Reply
Still love my DeSoto, but always wanting to try different stuff...
For Zone3.....between sizes - go up or down for an MOP swimmer (1:14 IM) with broad shoulders?? 5'10, 178 currently, but sometimes go over 180. I seem to fall between ML and L.
And, if the price diff weren't a concern, is the vanquish always a better choice than the Aspire, or is the Aspire better for us leg sinkers??
thx!
Quote Reply
Re: Zone3 Wetsuits... [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer the Vanquish, a fan of the materials and construction over the Aspire... but they're both great suits. I'm about your size 5'11" and 175sh but cut to 170sh... I've got pretty broad shoulders as well. The leg materials are pretty good for leg flotation as I remember it, but honestly most high end suits I've used use thicker material in the legs/hips for this... the Vanquish is no different.

I have a MT Vanquish I'd like to sell... wore it a couple of times back in the Grand Final in Chicago.. has the reverse zipper in the rear. It's in great shape and I just prefer my TYR Cat5 and I'm thinning out stuff I don't want/need. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
For Zone3.....between sizes - go up or down for an MOP swimmer (1:14 IM) with broad shoulders?? 5'10, 178 currently, but sometimes go over 180. I seem to fall between ML and L.
And, if the price diff weren't a concern, is the vanquish always a better choice than the Aspire, or is the Aspire better for us leg sinkers??
thx!

Count me out after the Zone3 sensationalist piece by Sarah P that I brought up earlier this year. If you really want the most flexible Wetsuit look at the Helix. If you want to save some money just buy a sleeveless and hope you don't do any really cold triathlons.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Zone3 Wetsuits... [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
thx!

Count me out after the Zone3 sensationalist piece by Sarah P that I brought up earlier this year. If you really want the most flexible Wetsuit look at the Helix. If you want to save some money just buy a sleeveless and hope you don't do any really cold triathlons.

Well, just about every company out there, and their athletes, make exaggerated claims, I won't rule one out because of that.

I did try a Helix about 1.5 years ago, bought new from trisports, so I assume it was of the 'newer' versions. I had a ML size, just couldn't get comfy. Was a bitch to get on, and just felt too tight. And yes, I took my time and had help from others getting it pulled up properly and done up. Maybe I needed a large? I do have broad shoulders, so maybe large would have been better..

Edit - decided screw it, went ahead and ordered a Zone3 Vanquish to try, via the trisports sale for $290. With the luck I've had trying wetsuits, it'll probably be for sale sometime in the next few months....... :(
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Sep 2, 17 13:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
thx!

Well, just about every company out there, and their athletes, make exaggerated claims, I won't rule one out because of that.

I did try a Helix about 1.5 years ago, bought new from trisports, so I assume it was of the 'newer' versions. I had a ML size, just couldn't get comfy. Was a bitch to get on, and just felt too tight. And yes, I took my time and had help from others getting it pulled up properly and done up. Maybe I needed a large? I do have broad shoulders, so maybe large would have been better..

Edit - decided screw it, went ahead and ordered a Zone3 Vanquish to try, via the trisports sale for $290. With the luck I've had trying wetsuits, it'll probably be for sale sometime in the next few months....... :(

yeah you might have needed the a Medium-Tall. Regardless sounds like the Trisports sale is a pretty darn good price.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on what you said here, I think you'll end up liking that Vanquish. I will disclose that I'm on a Zone3 sponsored team, but I've gone from a medium small Helix to a small Vanquish, and I honestly can say that I prefer the Vanquish. It's more comfortable in terms of the things that you brought up here-better shoulder flexibility, and I don't get the same restrictive feeling as I did in the Helix. I also have found that it's the first wetsuit I've owned that doesn't get caught up on my freakishly large calves upon removal, and the lower body buoyancy is great, especially as someone who's a bit of a lazy kicker. Anyways, that's been my experience with it, so hopefully you'll end up with good results as well!
Quote Reply