Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X
Quote | Reply
Who ya got. What do you like? What setup do you run right now??
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the Vuka Stealth but had to replace it with the Vuka Aero and the SL Sprint Stem. The stem bolts got cross threaded and Zipp couldn’t fix it. I love Zipp bars because of the pads. The Vuka Stealth is discontinued and replaced by the Vuka Aero.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Alpha X I bought from another ST'er. They had it for a build they never did so I got it new in box. I also got the tilt kit from another ST'er.

Its on my Shiv.

I really like how easy it is to adjust, and that it makes for a really clean from end, especially pair with an Omega X front brake.

For me the biggest negative of the Alpha X is that I think I have one of the very first production bars, and the channels on the interior are not super clean and it can be a challenge to run cables.

The biggest pro is Tri-Rigs customer service. Anytime I contact them for something they're super quick to respond, and despite have never purchased my tri rig parts directly from them, they've always come through with parts or advice, as required.

No experience with the Zipp.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I bought, there were questions over the quality and flimsiness of the TriRig and production was quite delayed. The Vuka Stealth had a reputation for being solid, Zipp I feel are well designed and built and being fully integrated it looked very aero. The aero comparisons I saw were between the TriRig and the slower Zipp Alumina, and I thought there is a reason why they haven't shown a comparison between the TriRig and the Vuka Stealth.

So I bought the Vuka Stealth, I have been very happy with it and I have never been left feeling that there are better options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have either, but wouldn't touch the Zipps if my goal was to go as fast as possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had both. Both are nice bars but I'd go with the Alpha X if given the choice between the two.

The major reasons:
  • The Torx T bolts on the Vuka are annoying as hell. I get that the T bolts are better in theory than the M bolts but nobody else uses the T bolts and making sure to have a T25 tool handy at all times was annoying. Zipp created a solution to something that wasn't really a problem.
  • The bump in the front of the base bar can limit hydration options depending on what you like to use. The bump gets in the way of any bottle that drops between the bars. Some hydration options like the Torhans 20 or 30 are at their aero best when pressed up against the head tube or as damn close as possible. That bump is going to make that unlikely.
  • The cable routing is a bit sloppy compared to newer options like the Alpha X.
  • I had to velcro the Di2 junction box under the base bar. Alpha X has a compartment for that.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when i look at Zipp aerobars, i cant help but wonder how much attention they really put to the bars. it s just nowhere near the same level as the wheels.

The alpha X is a much cleaner bar, and i m a big fan of the adjustment option.

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alpha X, but wait a few more days...something might be lurking in the Kona lava fields. ;-) Also, why not put 51 Speedshop on that list?

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am mainl curious as to see what everyone likes and if they prefer one or the other! Cant wait to see what shows up this week!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A buddy of mine wants me to clean up his p3. The cable routing is just atrocious. So I have been eyeing the alphax and zipp vuka aero to put on his bike. I've been leaning towards the alphax mainly due to the fact that its a very clean setup and it should integrate well with the p3 and a tririg front brake.

Interesting post from Jim about something coming..... glad I saw this. I will wait a few days before having my buddy buy anything.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the 51 speed shop products avaiable yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About time. Might test these.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly I just want there to be a tilt kit for every bar. Do You know If the vuka has any pad tilt? It looks like Ambergers' cups are tilted
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Alpha X, but wait a few more days...something might be lurking in the Kona lava fields. ;-) Also, why not put 51 Speedshop on that list?

Is this in reference to the product tease they had on social media a few weeks/month ago? I was wondering if they ever announced what it was. I am hoping for an Alpha X that will house the e-tap blip box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swim_corey_run wrote:
Honestly I just want there to be a tilt kit for every bar. Do You know If the vuka has any pad tilt? It looks like Ambergers' cups are tilted

The Vuka Stealth has 6 degrees of tilt. The Alpha X has 15 degrees.

Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:

Is this in reference to the product tease they had on social media a few weeks/month ago? I was wondering if they ever announced what it was. I am hoping for an Alpha X that will house the e-tap blip box.

I haven't seen any social media tease on it from anyone but, alas, I was informed it will not make it's debut in Kona after all. We'll have to wait a few more weeks. Sorry, but it'll be worth it in my opinion.

Re: Blip Box - I really have to believe it's going away, so if I were an aero bar manufacturer, I wouldn't design around it. The fact that we've seen a few new aero stems come out that won't fit a Blip Box tells me they all know something we don't. As I've said previously, I have no inside info on this. Though, it would be a logical next step, and those would would know won't answer my questions, but simply shrug and smile. Let's face it, if Zipp isn't making anything to hide the Blip Box, there must be a reason.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
I don't have either, but wouldn't touch the Zipps if my goal was to go as fast as possible.

What is on your short list of alternatives?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Grill wrote:

Scott

Ventus II, Alpha, Tula, PRO Missile Evo, ENVE*

*still need to personally validate but the data I've seen is promising
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
GreatScott wrote:
Grill wrote:

Scott

Ventus II, Alpha, Tula, PRO Missile Evo, ENVE*

*still need to personally validate but the data I've seen is promising

I'd add the new Profile Design Aeria Ultimate system to that list.

Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
swim_corey_run wrote:

The Vuka Stealth has 6 degrees of tilt. The Alpha X has 15 degrees.

It's important to note that's actually 3 degrees in either direction, you can only angle the bars up 3 degrees, which is a very limited amount of upward tilt.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got 10 ° wedges made for my Vuka. Guy in England 3D printing them. So 13 ° of total angle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any hint who we need to be looking out for updates from?

The 51 Speedshop system looks intetesting and I am looking forward to seeing how it stacks (but only with the correct length bolts on place) up against the other bars out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are your thoughts on the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate?

Also, what is the basis for your opinion that the Vuka Stealth is slow relative to these other bars? Just trying to understand.

Scott
Last edited by: GreatScott: Oct 8, 17 20:09
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Stealth Vs. TriRig Alpha X [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big sale on the Alpha X right now.....leads me to think that something new is around the corner. They teased a product launch in August. Tick...tick...tick......
Quote Reply

Prev Next