Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp Aerobar Extensions
Quote | Reply
Does anyone here run the Zipp Evo aero extensions? 70° or 110° ?? And if ya do, how are they compared to s bend, or ski bend?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Aerobar Extensions [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the evo 70's on my bikes. Very "F" bend (or lazy S) with the corresponding amount of rise in them (70 or 110)

They also naturally curve inward which is something to be aware of when purchasing depending on your position needs/requirements.

Certainly if they work for you (they do for me) they are great.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Aerobar Extensions [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting some of the 70mm Evo's on my bike as well. Need a bit more rise from the ski-bends on my p-5, so trying the 70 first. Ordered the 110 evo alumina as well to try both.

IG: NCGregory8778
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Aerobar Extensions [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran the s-bends all last season but this winter I got a set of the 110s. I changed my position from the extensions being mounted on top of the base bar to a position where the extensions came out from underneath, and I needed some extra height to get my arms close to parallel.

The big change, as someone mentioned above, is that the 110s and 70s sweep in. I used to be able to mount my garmin 520 between my hands, but now the extensions are almost touching. You could rotate the bars slightly to keep them a bit wider but maybe only a few cms before the shifters starting pointing the wrong direction.

The other change is that the 110s are a bit more of an ergo shape where they meet the shifter. I like the way they feel in my hands. I also run them with no bar tape, but I did the same with the s-bends.
Quote Reply