Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp 900 with Cervelo P3 tubular tire choice/size recommendation
Quote | Reply
Recently purchased a Zipp 900 disc for my P3. The disc is completely flat, unlike the 404/808 toroidal bulge rims. I have a 404 on the front with Conti GP 4000 at 23mm. This is my first time using a tubular. Curious as to:

1) a good tubular tire recommendation and with glue or tape?
2) what size tire would work best/most aero? I've read a 21mm is the way to go with the 900.
3) is a 23mm tire in the front and a 21mm on the back a dumb idea? I believe I bought the 23s to fit best to the 404s...
4) There is a little space between the curved cutout of the P3 with the disc and 21mm tire, since I bought the disc for its aero benefits is this gap between the curved cutout and tire an aero problem?

Thanks a lot!
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 900 with Cervelo P3 tubular tire choice/size recommendation [Donbrowski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Lots of good choices. Vittoria G+ or the older EVO CX, Zipp Tangente SL, Continental 4000 or Podium TT.
2. While or 21 or a 22 is technically better, I'd run a 23 jus for comfort.
3. No, it's not a dumb idea
4. No, it's not a problem, but it may mean a 23 won't fit.

hah
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 900 with Cervelo P3 tubular tire choice/size recommendation [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool thanks man! Ya I have GP4000II in the front, I think I will just run that on the back or get a 22mm of something else, little higher pressure than the front so they're about even. Thanks for the help!
Quote Reply