Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp 808 FC w/ ceramic bearings vs 808 NSWs
Quote | Reply
I am curious about getting new wheels and willing to spend the money on the 808 NSWs, but realize that I ride fairly slow at about 20 mph on longer courses, that it probably isn't the wisest choice for my money. I was thinking that maybe money better spent on 808 FCs with a ceramic bearing upgrade? Will ceramic bearings in 808 FCs give me more gains that the NSWs?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808 FC w/ ceramic bearings vs 808 NSWs [paulzale] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get the FC 808s and forget about the ceramic bearings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bike fit
wind tunnel or aerodrome testing
swim stroke analysis
monthly coaching

all of these are like 1000x better than any returns that ceramic bearings give you. they're snake oil for the most part.

Used 808FC clinchers or even better, HED Jet+ wheels will be just fine for you.

Eric

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't waste the money on Ceramic bearings for Zipp wheels. If you want the NSWs, get them.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808 FC w/ ceramic bearings vs 808 NSWs [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
bike fit
wind tunnel or aerodrome testing
swim stroke analysis
monthly coaching

all of these are like 1000x better than any returns that ceramic bearings give you. they're snake oil for the most part.

Used 808FC clinchers or even better, HED Jet+ wheels will be just fine for you.

Eric

Haven't done wind tunnel or aerodrome testing, but have the rest. Seems the consensus is 808 FCs
Quote Reply