Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp 404 Repair
Quote | Reply
A friend took his Zipp 404's to the LBS to replace a spoke. They drove a screwdriver through the carbon fairing. Can this be repaired? Is the wheel safe to ride as is?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 404 Repair [Pett'rifier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its not a fairing its structural. Looks like they are buying him a new rim I would say no its not ok to ride.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 404 Repair [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My thoughts but thought I would check with the experts. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I don't understand is whey they are using a screwdriver to replace a spoke....am I missing something here?

If I was replacing a spoke on one of my wheels a screwdriver is not a tool I'd need to get the job done.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 404 Repair [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No one said it was used in the repair of the wheel. Sometimes tools fall or get dropped, and sometimes it's on top of expensive stuff. I had a screw driver fall off a tool holder directly above my bike. It gouged the top tube so bad that it almost put a hole in it.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 404 Repair [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rijndael wrote:
No one said it was used in the repair of the wheel. Sometimes tools fall or get dropped, and sometimes it's on top of expensive stuff. I had a screw driver fall off a tool holder directly above my bike. It gouged the top tube so bad that it almost put a hole in it.

Your point does make sense but the OP stated "they drove a screwdriver through the carbon fairing" which would lead one to believe they use a screwdriver while working on it. Now, if he said accidental impact or dropped something they I can agree with your statement. You may be right but it doesn't add up in my mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tell the shop to get a new rim.
Quote Reply