Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Zipp’s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp
Quote | Reply
"Zipp’s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp allows the armrest stack (vertical position) to be adjusted 12mm lower than previously possible." These out yet? Where can I pick em up?

Jan Vobecky
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp’s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [Brok] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These were announced with the Vuka Aero which don't seem to have been widely distributed yet. TriSports lists the Aero as in stock so you might check with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp’s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [Brok] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are in stock in the factory so your dealer should have access to them.

Quote | Reply
Brok wrote:
"Zipp’s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp allows the armrest stack (vertical position) to be adjusted 12mm lower than previously possible." These out yet? Where can I pick em up?

Designed by two STers as well! Waitebe did the design, with a little bit (very little) from me! [:D]

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp’s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waitebe wrote:
They are in stock in the factory so your dealer should have access to them.

Will do. Thanks Ben and Jordan!

Jan Vobecky
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp’s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are they on the website? Where can I see a picture of them?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp’s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [willembad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've only seen photos or illustrations in the Vuka Fit app under config inputs that need the lower stack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp’s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It drops you 12mm, gets rid of 2 bolts and 2 barrel nuts but does give up your pitch adjustment.

Compared to the standard clamp:

Quote | Reply
Are these only to be used on the Vuke Stealth and Aero or can they be used on the Alumina clip-ons as well?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp’s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the standard Vuka mounts on a Syntace Stratos CX bar; you can mount them on any 31.8mm bar afaik.

29 years and counting
Last edited by: Jorgan: Aug 24, 15 7:33
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp’s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [walie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The low stack clamp discussed here is specific to Vuka Aero and Vuka Stealth.
For the Alumina Clip, which mounts to any Ø31.8mm bar, we have a top mount and low mount. http://zipp.com/...a_Stack_Sideview.jpg

Quote | Reply
I'm looking at new aerobar and I went through the Vuka Fit app.

It recommended I use the Low Stack clamps with the Vuka Stealth. Are these included or are they purchased separately?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp’s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are separate.

Quote | Reply
Hi,

Does anyone know if these can now be ordered through Zipp dealers? If so, where? I'm based in the UK and the official importer hadn't heard of the product and couldn't order them using the part number which leaves me quite stuck as I could really do with a pair otherwise I'm going to have to sell a used Vuka Stealth bar I've just purchased. I used the fit guide but didn't realise these were a separate purchase.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp’s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [Saladkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Saladkid where are you based in the UK?
If you can let me know I can then put you in touch with a dealer who can order the part in for you from Raleigh UK as we have some in stock.
Thanks
Last edited by: BH @ Raleigh: Nov 20, 15 2:50
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp’s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [BH @ Raleigh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi BH,

I'm based in Devizes/Swindon in Wiltshire. It'll definitely be like an early Christmas present if you can sort this out.

Thanks for picking this up.

Chris.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp’s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [Saladkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Chris
They will make a great early Christmas present!!
We have a dealer in Swindon called Mitchell Cycles or Stonehenge Cycles in Salisbury that will be able to help you.
Both will be able to order the part in from our b2b system using our part number ZPHBE15000
If you need any more help let me know.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp�s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ben

Do you have any photos of these in use in the real world? How much tilt adjustment do they provide for the pads/extensions? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp�s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Hi Ben

Do you have any photos of these in use in the real world? How much tilt adjustment do they provide for the pads/extensions? Thanks.

You lose the tilt adjustment with these clamps. But the regular ones only have 3 degrees plus or minus tilt adjustment so you're not losing that much. (I've seen them advertised as having 6 degrees but that's a total of the plus and minus tilt. And not sure why anyone would ever use negative tilt.) I have the Vuka aero which uses a regular stem so I have a slight tilt to the bar as a whole, doubt it's really costing me any speed. With the Vuka stealth you have no tilt at all. The Zipp armpads are pretty comfortable so you might be OK with level armpads and then getting your tilt by using the appropriate extension.

I could take a pic but not sure it would be that helpful as I'm using them in a non-kosher manner in the narrow position which isn't supposed to be possible. They required a couple of washers on either end to raise them up enough to clear the bar, and the armpad clamps can only be used either in front or behind of the extension clamps, I have them in front. With the wide position you wouldn't have that limitation.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp�s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no tilt adjustment as previously stated. This was a sacrifice made to get the lowest possible stack.
Regardless, here are some pics from the wild.

Quote | Reply
Are these still only available through dealers, or can we buy these directly from Zipp? I didn't see them on the online store, but perhaps a phone call would work. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp�s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [Horchata] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only available from dealers, I called Zipp and that's where they sent me. Arrived in about a week to my LBS.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp�s new Low-Stack Extension Clamp [Horchata] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, through your dealer. Order this: 11.6618.015.000 HB EXT CLAMP LOPRO VSTLTH OR VAERO

Prev Next